Questions about selling my Bianchi Veloce

AliveAgain
AliveAgain Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Road general
I think my bike shop inflated the amount of work it needed to get me to buy a new Specialized - which is great. But I am going to miss the Celeste color....I live in a rural town and hard to shop for bikes.

Anyway - the Bianchi has great components and I am wondering is it better to just sell the bike or try to sell components. Selling components seems to be a headache - get them off - package them, getting paid etc. I am not an Ebay seller.

So then how do I know what its worth? The frame has the usual scratches but is structurally perfect - probably needs a new chain, the front gears are worn, maybe some new brake cables but you dont reveal any of that in the ad. I would think the right gear head would want it for parts to sell or use?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    I'll give you £100?

Look on ebay at similar spec'd bikes and then list it for sale.

What components does it have? Groupset, wheels etc?
  • AliveAgain wrote:
    probably needs a new chain, the front gears are worn, maybe some new brake cables but you dont reveal any of that in the ad.
    Thanks for any advice

I would.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    AliveAgain wrote:
    probably needs a new chain, the front gears are worn, maybe some new brake cables but you dont reveal any of that in the ad.
    Thanks for any advice

I would.

Er yes, I would hope so....
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    so you don't want to tell people that it needs a load of work doing to it before they go and see it and waste their time? or sell it to someone new to bikes who then get hit with a large secondary bill for bits thats need replacing + labour.

you also forgot to mention the new cassette to match the new chain, etc.

nice attitude.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • craigus89
    I'll give you £70.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Stick some mudguards on and it’s your winter bike.
  • Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    Im with the open and honest approach. To give you an example, my son likes his computers, has only just left school and works hard and long hours despite many barriers and had been saving for a motherboard that was top of the range, really really saving. Saw one on ebay, advertised as new, bought it and when it arrived half the parts were missing. He was gutted and although he got his money back eventually, it was a really long drawn out process, it was really upsetting for him.
    Imagine someone saving for a bike in the same position, a newbie etc, do we really want to discourage them? Set them back?
    Be open and honest, please!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Why are you getting a new bike if all you need is some cables and a new chain ? You say you like the Celeste.

You don't throw a bike away for the sake of a new chain etc...
  • craigus89
    I doubt the OP will be back...
  • Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    I agree, a couple of new bits and you'll be sorted. Plus, once you have had the celeste, you'll miss it when gone! I did, hence had to go out and get another Bianchi. May not be the best reviewed, fastest etc but I had to get it!
  • Matthewfalle
    Fenix wrote:
    Why are you getting a new bike if all you need is some cables and a new chain ? You say you like the Celeste.

You don't throw a bike away for the sake of a new chain etc...

Because it needs (at the minimum) chain, cassette, chain ring, inner cables, outer cables, setting up.

Then most probably bake pads, if everything else is shot then tyres ...

Its a shonker.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Craigus89 wrote:
    I doubt the OP will be back...

I'm sure of you look on eBay it'll be on there as a "perfect condition Bianchi racer as used by the PRO peloton"

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    I would hope that anyone selling bike, parts or anything for that matter would be honest enough to be truthful about the condition of the articles.