New MTB

tomtom99
tomtom99 Posts: 20
edited December 2018 in MTB beginners
Been looking to get a new bike as the one ive got at the moment is trash. So far the 3 that i have found and somewhat like the look of are the giant talon 2, voodoo bizango and the vitus nucleus 275 vr. If any one has used any of these bikes/know alot about them, any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    100% the Voodoo Bizango.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seconded on the Bizango.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Bizango is the one. Get from Halfords - I think it is due for a new model as they renew them every 2 years so watch out for the old stock being put on offer. Get a UK Cycling card for 10% off. Try for size in the shop.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • tomtom99
    tomtom99 Posts: 20
    FishFish wrote:
    Get a UK Cycling card for 10% off.
    Where do you get this cycling card?? Never heard of it before
  • https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/fan

The above will do for the BC discount, £20.70 if paid on DD.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    my friend get it from mbr at £650.
    And a meaningful post would help, got what from mbr? Certainly not a Bizango.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I also recumbent the Bizango! great bike!
  • trekvet
    trekvet Posts: 223
    The Rookie wrote:
    my friend get it from mbr at £650.
    And a meaningful post would help, got what from mbr? Certainly not a Bizango.
    I get mine from MVF in 20kg. bags.
    The Wife complained for months about the empty pot of bike oil on the hall stand; so I replaced it with a full one.
  • FishFish
    You might think about the Boardman 29 er pro which is reduced to £650 in the Halfords sale. I think this is the same price as the Bizango. I think both models are changing this year hence the price drop. Very impressed with both. I had the yellow Bizango which is a previous model and I wrecked it. The Boardman has a much higher spec - shocks, gears and brakes but you need to get used to removing the back wheel as there is a retrofit screw in place to stop the axle unscrewing - it is not obvious. Good luck with it.

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Your timely advice is about as useful as your trolling skills.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    But at least I give it. And thanks for your interest - little stalky though. Happy New Year to you.

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I've left my shovel somewhere otherwise I'd bury this old post.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    FishFish wrote:
    But at least I give it. And thanks for your interest - little stalky though. Happy New Year to you.

с новым годом
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools