wednesday with an excess of w vector bosons and cake

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, cafe etc., regional lt meeting, think i'm at least double booked for some bits so i'll need to decide which personality gets which meeting, either way it's a psychopath, but one dum dums the rounds with smileys
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the sun is out blue skies , best get out on the bike
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Overcast, rain is coming.
    TT later, will be interesting. It lashed it down last time I did that one too.
    sungod wrote:
    think i'm at least double booked for some bits so i'll need to decide which personality gets which meeting, either way it's a psychopath, but one dum dums the rounds with smileys
    Can't you say you've got some terrible lurgy and it would be best to phone/VC into the meeting instead? They it would look like you're attending both while actually doing something else?
  • sungod
    Can't you say you've got some terrible lurgy and it would be best to phone/VC into the meeting instead? They it would look like you're attending both while actually doing something else?
    tempting but i needed to do some stuff in the lab firs thing, plus video never quite conveys the unblinking stare of death :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Drizzle. Boo.

Couple of chores to run and then pick up a friend who is back from leave. Apart from that, not a lot. Bambini are arguing already, so that's good.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Utterly knackered this morning. Went to see the old man after work, got home about 8 in time for a bite to eat and a shower before going out for a drink with an old school friend. Then had a dreadful night's kip as the lad wasn't well. Got here at 7.30 this morning and had 2 customers waiting for me. I'm now 2 cups of tea in and the coffee machine is warming.
    Today is cake day at work and it's our turn to buy, I have volunteered as I'm a bit of a cake Nazi. I take the view that cake is cake. Pizza, sushi, celery, etc are not cake and will not be bought. Anyone expecting the company to buy them lunch rather than cake will be disappointed.
    Today being Wednesday I will of course be going to the pub later.
    Realised as I was riding home from Tooting that I pass very close to H³'s front door, didn't see him and there were no wierdos on a ti bike drafting me and looking at my aris'.
    Time for a snooze methinks.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    tempting but i needed to do some stuff in the lab firs thing

In the lab?

6179950_high_res_the_fast_show_special.jpg

Le Gavroche for lunch today. Geddin. :D
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Realised as I was riding home from Tooting that I pass very close to H³'s front door, didn't see him and there were no wierdos on a ti bike drafting me and looking at my aris'.
    *Looks at strava* Oh yes! So you do. Approx 40 metres. I expect I shall be off my bike until after I get back from Spain now. Unless I hire one out there. So the backsides of SW London will go unremarked for a while. :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That's not the kind of long haired lovely in a lab coat most of the MF's normally think of.
    Blimey, Spain coming up already. You'll have to do some work soon.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's not the kind of long haired lovely in a lab coat most of the MF's normally think of.
    Yeah, we are off on Friday. I start work on 4th September. Much too soon.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Slow ride on the singlespeed as legs are getting tired - should have brought a bike with gears :(

Pool now followed by an expensive lunch out, then more pool fun followed by either a bbq or out to a local village for a fate
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TLW1 wrote:

out to a local village for a fate

but whate fate will befall you?

WE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...didn't see him and there were no wierdos on a ti bike drafting me and looking at my aris'.

Sounds like you are disappointed.

Hoppy - in the spirit of keeping the BB brethren happy, you ought to post the head cam shots during this drafting business.

Weather is good. Finally finished undersealing my Fawd Traaansit Vaaaaan.
    Now eating Mango, strawberries, grapes and banana. None of that citrus malarkey. Damn water melon went a bit funny. else I would have had that too.
    Tomorrow catching with old college mate who's up in the 'borders' on holiday. Except he isn't, he's in Dumfries and Galloway. :roll: He's been exposed to too much sun in Sussex I guess.

Sat in the conservatory this morning drinking my coffee. Or in an old Victorian term, the 'orangery', cat is the wrong side of the door. Of course he is. They always are. Door is open by roughly 4 inches. He's mewing at me. I can't get peace. I tell the hairy fecker to push the bloody door open an inch or two or go through the special cat flap (you know the one SG). But no, meow... meow... ... ... meow...meow...

So I end up opening it for him and he wanders through in as nonchalant and condescending fashion as you could possibly do. I guess he thinks that he hasn't trained me up properly yet. I've already had his balls removed, what more can I do?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    W is an intermediate vector boson.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    He'll be learning to bow and dish out his business cards with two hands soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    FishFish wrote:
    and an intermediate vector boson is a vector boson, one is a subset of the other, just as sad trolls are a subset of trolls
  • pinno
    701ab562c1adbd6f7c11529f4db04d7a.jpg
  • pinno
    FishFish wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBcIa7dLMQ
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    At the moment, retirement can't come fast enough!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    That was a good lunch. I don't expect to eat later.
  • hopkinb
    Glad I stuck a suit on at the last minute.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    cats are best
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

out to a local village for a fate

but whate fate will befall you?

WE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!
    No fate befall us as we went into the town instead
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    cats are best
    I’m missing the dog more than the cat
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    cats are best
    I’m missing the dog more than the cat
    We took ours with us as we felt a bit guilty leaving him behind in June. He's snoozing now having ran himself stupid on the beach today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]