tuesday awooga, awooga, condition pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, kill, advance masterplan to synchronise labs, kill again, more stuff, kill, relax, bubbly bar and bubbly dinner planned for laters
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast yet again but at least it’s dry, I managed to get caught in a thunder storm whilst out on the bike yesterday, with no where to take cover,
    Some gardening to do today, if it stays fine
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Overcast , thankfully weather improves tomorrow and sunshine returns

Today is running and karting

Followed by a bar in town
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Overcast , unfortunately weather deteriorates tomorrow and heavy rain and strong wind returns. Maybe I'll win the TT if everyone else crashes.

Rode MTB to work this morning. Overtook Mr Rapha on the way in, he wasn't impressed and tried to keep up for the next 5 miles but lost.
  • sungod
    rather gloomy out, though mild

it contributes to a general feeling of meh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Rather overcast here as well, and a bit on the chilly side when I set off. Winter is coming. Reasonably pleasant wobble in to work, now just trying to look like I'm interested. Need to go out into the wilds of Hanworth in search of food later. Off to see the old man tonight as he had other visitors yesterday so I left him in peace. Will have to be careful riding behind any women in Richmond Park, apparently there were complaints about some lecherous old git on a ti bike following young ladies on bikes and then 'thanking them for the tow'
    Ooh, more tea has been delivered.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    old git on a ti bike following young ladies on bikes and then 'thanking them for the tow'
    Wheelsuckers never say thanks to me, must be because I'm not a lady.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Will have to be careful riding behind any women in Richmond Park, apparently there were complaints about some lecherous old git on a ti bike following young ladies on bikes and then 'thanking them for the tow'

Well, she came past on the second ramp of one of the hills (no surprise, given our relative builds) then I went for the overtake on the flat, but realised that to overtake and make it stick would take a sustained effort at >45kph. So I tucked in behind instead, being a bit lazy. I was fully intending to take my turn on Priory Lane a bit further ahead, but she doubled back at a roundabout, whereupon I thanked her. At least that's my excuse.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    At least that's my excuse.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... whatev's :lol:
    I'm sure I would have enjoyed the view as well. :mrgreen:
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    At least that's my excuse.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... whatev's :lol:
    I'm sure I would have enjoyed the view as well. :mrgreen:
    I do like a woman cyclist. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Sometimes caution is needed.

1413935769190_wps_5_TELEVISION_PROGRAMME_LITT.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    some scumbag just drove into a bunch of cyclists outside parliament, looks deliberate

grrrr
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, which got didn't pay the electricity bill it's a black as owt out there. Just as well I've got a million watt light on my bike. Usual stuff at work, drink coffee and slag off anyone remotely mechanical.

What is this million watt light you speak of?

Me 'pinging' parts of a wiring harness me. Oh what fun.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, which got didn't pay the electricity bill it's a black as owt out there. Just as well I've got a million watt light on my bike. Usual stuff at work, drink coffee and slag off anyone remotely mechanical.

What is this million watt light you speak of?

Me 'pinging' parts of a wiring harness me. Oh what fun.

Laters.

Chinese watts?

I'm also envisaging condition Pineapple being represented like this

maxresdefault.jpg
  • sungod
    officially it's
    image.gifpg
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    officially it's
    image.gifpg
    MOT failure if there's any warning lights on your dashboard - except that one.
  • pinno
    All the symptoms of the above are textbook. I have been studying the correlation between Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (C20H25N3O) and cognitive function.
    Too much of it causes short circuiting. In Sungod's case, not only has his brain been cooked so that all function will surround the acquisition, and consumption of this fruit, the brain changes shape to facilitate this heightened requirement. This is caused by excessive expansion of the Pineal gland.
    Eventually, SG will look like this:

https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fzombie-food%2Fpineapple.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Eventually, SG will look like this:

https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fzombie-food%2Fpineapple.jpg
    Eventually you say? That's pretty much my mental image of sungod, except more tanned and riding a shiny bike. :D:wink:
  • sungod
    poor pineapple!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Have just heard that Faye Towzer is going top be on Strictly.

At least it will be sufferable while the bambini and TDV insist on having it on.

Apart from that, MF is bike tinkering and wondering why the hell he bothered getting Record Skeleton brakes.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Do not counter MDMA with pineapple. Citrus is better.
    In other news MrsBBGeek has been married to me for 25 years today - why? Had some champagne and pork scratchings. And caught up on the laundry. Married life, eh?
    Laters, and look after each other. There are some crazies out there.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Do not counter MDMA with pineapple. Citrus is better.
    In other news MrsBBGeek has been married to me for 25 years today - why? Had some champagne and pork scratchings. And caught up on the laundry. Married life, eh?
    Laters, and look after each other. There are some crazies out there.
    Congratulations - to celebrate I will visit some bars and watch some shite French music acts
  • Stevo_666
    Good long walk along the North Devon coastal path. Well long in time terms, not distance as Stressbag and Stropteen are useless at hiking, unlike the hound and me. Now resting legs while deciding where to eat tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    There are some crazies out there.

There are some crazies in here.

Well done to Mrs BBG for putting up with you for so long. You tell her I said that.
    Do Belgians make Champagne?
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    shite French music acts
    Are there any other types?
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    shite French music acts
    Bizet, Debussy, Ravel, Fauré, Saint-Saëns. Just off the top of my head. Though I suppose they are songwriters rather than performers. :D
  • Pinno wrote:
    There are some crazies out there.

There are some crazies in here.

Well done to Mrs BBG for putting up with you for so long. You tell her I said that.
    No, they leave madness to the French. Genius can be left to the rest.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    shite French music acts
    Bizet, Debussy, Ravel, Fauré, Saint-Saëns. Just off the top of my head. Though I suppose they are songwriters rather than performers. :D
    A week in Devon listening to the Wurzels moint saind ainybody roind the bend.
    Kind of like Hampshire really. :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    shite French music acts
    You left out Vanessa Paradis and Plastic Bertrand.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    geographically impossible

they do make some nice beers though, and lovely chocs, and vlaamse stoverij with frites, these alone justify belgium
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Plastic Bertrand.
    Belgian.
    Congratulations BBG, sympathies Mrs BBG.