Columbia tour route help

OllieStrother
OllieStrother Posts: 17
edited August 2018 in Tour & expedition
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on a tour route in Columbia in December, from Medellin to Mariquita over about 4-5 days. Whats the safest route, where should I avoid. Best things to see. Is it off road! etc etc. Were planning on doing <100km per day, and not camping. Any advice, or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

Comments

• knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    If you are prepared to pay that bit more and have a cycling group organise things for you, you could try these people – as well as their own programmed holidays, they will do custom-holidays (although I think the minimum is 7 days and 5 people).
    Under Cycling Holidays, look at Training Camps for Groups and Clubs, and under Booking Enquiry, fill in your wishes under Inquiry for Groups and Clubs.

https://www.elite-cycling-colombia.com/en/

Even if they can't help you or you don't want to use them, their FAQ may have useful info, and in their holiday schedules you can look at where they intend to ride on each day (albeit not detailed routes), which may be useful.
  • Bang tidy. Thanks
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on a tour route in Colombia in December, from Medellin to Mariquita over about 4-5 days. Whats the safest route, where should I avoid. Best things to see. Is it off road! etc etc. Were planning on doing <100km per day, and not camping. Any advice, or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!
    FIFY ;)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,169
    Have you thought about Wales instead?

All the fun at a fraction of the stress and cost of going to Colombia... and murder rate is rock bottom
    left the forum March 2023