sungod Posts: 16,437
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, cafe, much shouting to be done and i'm in the mood to do it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, will we ever see sunshine again, overcast and wet , next job on the 24 th Aug, what can i get up to ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Bike ride enjoyed now time to get the kids a French unhealthy breakfast and then pass the time before we start opening the beers
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Not raining here (yet) but it was part wet, part dry on the ride to work. Had to slow down for corners and stuff.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, client visit today which I am not involved in so I am being thrown out of my office. I was down in Gloucester this weekend drinking though so I doubt I would be much use, my mate picked me as his best man, clearly a last resort. Celebrated by getting royally smashed which was nice. Does anyone else find there voice goes croaky after a weekend of drinking?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    HaydenM wrote:
    Does anyone else find there voice goes croaky after a weekend of drinking?

Yep - especially if you have been shouting your mouth off*, full of it.

*As they say in the colloquial. .

Windy, cloudy and cool today. Not even some obscure T rex tune beyond the initial 'oh, I recognise that', can cheer this day up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    A little overcast here but not raining at least, will probably be riding over to Tooting again ce soir so the sky will probably be leaking then. The great thing about the first few rides on a new route is you keep getting little pots on Strava creating the illusion of being fast. Unfortunately it is just an illusion. Need to ride more as mates are talking about doing the L2B off road in September. Now that I think about it sober I realise I can't as that's the day we are taking the lad up to uni.
    Reasonably busy in the office this morning, it's supposed to be quiet in August. Should probably get on with my work.
    HaydenM wrote:
    Doesn't have to be a weekend, my voice goes croaky after one night on the lash. But I do talk a lot of bollox.
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:

Funny how SG anticipated this, hence the thread title. Must have unique access to the wisdom of tabbies.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    it came to me in a vision

just hammered down in londonland, wondering if i head out now will it start again
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Well that was a heavy weekend although my voice does seem to have survived.

Got home at lunch to find an envelop from HM Courts and wondered what I'd forgotten to pay for. Opened it and it's ****ing jury service.

Might go for a run after work and hopefully be in bed by 9.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    A guy at work was moaning about HMRC sending him a letter saying he owed £2k in tax for something, one came through the letter box for me today too and I shat myself. Turns out I owe £18 and my tax code is the same as last year...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening wage slaves,

Good lazy start then a day in the countryside and on the beach, which was huge a deserted. The hound is totally knackered and are just debating whether to eat in or head out for for some pub grub.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... debating whether to eat in or head out for for some pub grub.
    What’s to debate?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... debating whether to eat in or head out for for some pub grub.
    What’s to debate?
    I’m not sure
  • Stevo_666
    Staying in saves driving as we're in the ar$e end of nowhere - means I can drink more as Strifey doesn't like driving down these single track country lanes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Pick up a penguin
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PPPPPP!
    We went out in the end :) Used a bit of 'donkey psychology' on Stressbag. Booze in the fridge for later.
  • pinno
    I think VN meant Professional Planning Prevents P1ss Poor Performance but i'm not sure what that has to do with convincing the OH to drive. However, one thing is for sure - if she's sober and you are drunk, there's no chance of action.

Swings and roundabouts.
  • veronese68
    Planning would be booking somewhere within easy reach of a pub.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I delegated the cottage booking to Stressbag. Can't get the staff these days...
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Difference in priorities I suspect.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Walk to a pub is thankfully a priority for both of us
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I can't imagine you wanting to drive to a pub.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I can't imagine you wanting to drive to a pub.
    I did yesterday lunchtime