edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

threat of sogginess

ride and eat, followed by lazing and stuff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just got back with the dog, we are both wet through, I had better have a cuppa and re arrange today’s plans
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Going out on the bike before it gets too warm, only a quick ride as I promised the wife and eldest I would go running....... but they both want to go separately

Today is a pool day followed by a meal out
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Might be getting forced to go to the hell hole that is Cheshire Oaks in a bit. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Probably no bike riding today, like yesterday, and Friday :(
  • tlw1
    Morning

Might be getting forced to go to the hell hole that is Cheshire Oaks in a bit. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Probably no bike riding today, like yesterday, and Friday :(
    Feel for you
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,201
    Soggy here and not a breath of wind to blow the clouds away.

Plus side, is that it is very scenic and very peaceful. The local boy racers* don't go out when it's greasy.

*You see, it's worse than that. They are men but boy in attitude. They work on the rigs. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. They are overpaid, cave man in mentality and coarse. They drive fast Bee em's and souped up others. The quicker they kill themselves, the better.
    I'm going to be Mr Popular when I put the petition together to clamp a speed limit between the roundabout and the 2 local villages.
    I have noticed the slow gentrification of the local village and... posh English riding bikes with their overly clad kids the from village to the roundabout and back. Friendly and conducive to this petition which will pit me against the inbreds. The same inbreds who made sure we understood all those years ago that we were foreigners.
    Well, the foreigners are taking over. Its something like the Neanderthal vs neolithic.

The worm has turned and two fingers to the f*ckers.

Maybe it will clear up later and i'll go have a wobble.
    Maybe it won't and i'll comfort eat.
    Either way, it looks as though i'll be roped into some form of toots entertainment

Laters..
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,185
    I've decided that I hate agas. Can't turn the bastard things off so they make the kitchen too hot but it takes bloody ages to cook your bacon and sausages on one. Luckily it's not ours.

Anyway, off for a coastal walk in a gap between the rain then the girls want to go shopping at a factory outlet place in Bideford :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lunch at a pub with friends plus ankle biters. Mini off for a playdate/sleepover with one of said ankle biters. Not sure what we have planned after leaving mini. Something hellish I expect. Certainly nothing I want to do.

Might try and take my heavy wheels with gravel tyres up the local hills as I can't be bothered to refettle the brakes if I put my road wheels on. Extra training see.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    rain started as i went out

cunningly nipped back in for showerproof and asssaver, thereby causing rain to go away and leave me alone for the next 3-4 hours, even had a smidge of sun
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've decided that I hate agas. Can't turn the bastard things off so they make the kitchen too hot but it takes bloody ages to cook your bacon and sausages on one. Luckily it's not ours.
    induction is the bees knees
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Aga's - great for cooking. 4 separate ovens (sometimes 5) with 4 different temperatures which between them, gives you every practical range - roast spuds in one bit, beef in another and plates warming (bottom left).
    Multiple rings on the top with again, different temperatures so you can shift things around accordingly.

...and in the depths of winter, you have this mass of metal that stays warm at the heart of the house.

But, a device such as this, that doesn't go 'ping' and does not switch off or on at the touch of a button in the hands of Northern lad...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You missed out the running costs........ but after a short while you learn to cook the aga way, well the wife has
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,255
    Afternoon folks,
    Mildly hungover after too much fun at the barbecue yesterday. Just been moving furniture at the ’rents in the hope of getting the old man home. Unfortunately he’s started throwing up again in spite of only having soft and runny food, not a good sign and he’s nil by mouth again as a result. Going to see him after a bit of scoff.
  • hopkinb
    New bottom bracket installed, no need for V's massive tool; my paltry one was up to the job. Quick 30 minute spin, all play magically disappeared. These big gravel tyres are all well and good, but you have to give it some welly to get them turning and keep them that way.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Aga's - great for cooking. 4 separate ovens (sometimes 5) with 4 different temperatures which between them, gives you every practical range - roast spuds in one bit, beef in another and plates warming (bottom left).
    Multiple rings on the top with again, different temperatures so you can shift things around accordingly.

...and in the depths of winter, you have this mass of metal that stays warm at the heart of the house.

But, a device such as this, that doesn't go 'ping' and does not switch off or on at the touch of a button in the hands of Northern lad...
    If it was going to beep it would need controls, but the ferkin thing hasn't even got an on/off switch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You missed out the running costs........ but after a short while you learn to cook the aga way, well the wife has
    It's Strifeys turn to cook brekkie tomorrow, thankfully. I'll have an extra lie in :)
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    rain started as i went out

cunningly nipped back in for showerproof and asssaver, thereby causing rain to go away and leave me alone for the next 3-4 hours, even had a smidge of sun
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    induction is the bees knees
    Looks good but we only had the kitchen done a few months back.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman wrote:
    Never mind thistle, by the time you've found parking the other half will feel that guilty you will get free rein for a bit.
    Managed to get out of it and she went on her own. She got there for 10 (sensible) but half the shops weren't open, when she left at 11:30 (just after the shops opened) it was chaos.
    Not being a clothes person (not in the naturist way) there's not much for blokes to look at when off the leash. They really should turn half of it into a mahoosive bike shop.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's Strifeys turn to cook brekkie tomorrow, thankfully. I'll have an extra lie in :)
    You take turns to cook? I did an omelet yesterday and will live on the kudos for a few months
  • hopkinb
    Couple of pints up the hand in hand with Mrs H3. Trevor McDonald was in.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,255
    Omelette, ooh that’s a bit advanced for me.
    Well done on sorting the BB Hopper. Trevor McDoughnut in the Hand? Seen a few famous faces in there but not him. Gutted I missed Keith Richards once when I worked there, Ronnie Wood was a regular. Saw Ollie Reed once, swaying slightly.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You take turns to cook? I did an omelet yesterday and will live on the kudos for a few months
    I do some of fhe brekkies when we're on self catering holidays - I can do bacon, sausage and egg better than Stressbag.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well done on sorting the BB Hopper. Trevor McDoughnut in the Hand? Seen a few famous faces in there but not him. Gutted I missed Keith Richards once when I worked there, Ronnie Wood was a regular. Saw Ollie Reed once, swaying slightly.

Yep, he walked up, greeted the p!ss heads smoking outside, then vanished indoors.

I do like it in there, you get all sorts, and dogs are very welcome.

The BB was a doddle, except they'd sent me the wrong size, so I inadvertently crushed the plastic bit that goes through the BB shell, whilst tightening up the cups. I just popped the old one in instead, seemed relatively unimportant.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...seemed relatively unimportant.

We shall see.