3l hydration pack

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited August 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi, after a new hydration pack. Needs to be 3litres as I sweat a lot!

Cheaper the better but will pay a little extra if it warrants it. Nothing daft like £100+ can't bring myself to pay that!

Usually carry a tube on top tube. Pump, levers, multi, chain links, very light weight jacket, sandwiches, scotch egg, nuts and plenty of gels will be needing to be stored!

Many thanks

Comments

• concorde
    1litre water bladder is no good to me. Need 3l.
  • concorde
    Thinking an Osprey Viper 13l at the minute. 45 quid from Evans with 10% BC membership discount. Only 2.5litres but could probably live with that...
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I use a Kriega Hydro 3. Not cheap but I’ve been using it for over 10 years and it is still immaculate (dirty, but perfect condition). Maybe they come up on eBay or something.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • concorde
    Cheers. I've bought the Osprey. 2.5 will do as can fit 2x 1l bottles in the mesh side pockets for longer rides.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Concorde wrote:
    Cheers. I've bought the Osprey. 2.5 will do as can fit 2x 1l bottles in the mesh side pockets for longer rides.

I've had a Camelbak for years and on my 3rd bladder. Original was only 2l or 2.5l, so bought this 3l from SD and it's been absolutely fine. Fit's in the bag no problem.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-h ... e=78704503
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I've had CamelBak and Osprey bladders in my Dakine pack and definitely found the Osprey to be the best of the two. Easier to fill and clean, and the mouthpiece is better to use too. Less leaky and comes with a magnetic clip for for sternum strap so it's easier to grab when on the bike. Would definitely buy one of their backpacks.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • concorde
    CitizenLee wrote:
    I've had CamelBak and Osprey bladders in my Dakine pack and definitely found the Osprey to be the best of the two. Easier to fill and clean, and the mouthpiece is better to use too. Less leaky and comes with a magnetic clip for for sternum strap so it's easier to grab when on the bike. Would definitely buy one of their backpacks.

Yes I'm very impressed so far!