Padding Problems

k_chaps29
k_chaps29 Posts: 2
edited September 2018 in Women's cycling forum
Hi Ladies-
I'm trying to shop around for good padded shorts, but they are so expensive so I'm looking for adivce...I ride at least 20-30 miles each ride and I would like to start increasing them as my butt can handle. The goal is to get back to 50 miles or more comfortably. I use that word loose because I know that nothing is going to be like sitting on clouds. I have the Pearl Izumi Escape Sugar Shorts thinking they would be ok, but the more I wear them the more they irritate the sides of my butt where the stitching is. I also have a pair of LG shorts, but they are new.

Please send any advice you have for finding shorts that you like..without breaking the bank and buying all the shorts.
Maybe I just need some good butt butter.. :lol:

Thanks!!

Comments

• Jayme
    Jayme Posts: 48
    I like the DHB Classic bib shorts from wiggle. Cost about £50, and I've done 100+ mile rides wearing them. I'm going to try some of the aeron shorts sometime soon
  • I recently bought these shorts and they are so comfy.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/clothing ... ort_363127

Haven't had any issues since buying them, both on and off the bike!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Is the OP still around?!

The more you cycle, the firmer your bum gets.
    Your choice of shorts will evolve with time and experience and all brands are slightly different. So you may find what works for one person, doesn't work for someone else.
    I've also noticed that some women prefer shorts with no padding at all.

The right saddle, coupled with the right shorts can make a world of difference to riding a bike. The problem is that you are going to have to take a bit of a gamble until you find something that works for you, given the myriad of seemingly infinite options.
    Unfortunately, that can be a bit of a pricey process.

Castelli is a good brand with loads of history and DHB is Wiggle's own brand. I find DHB delivers great value for money. There's offers at Wiggle right now as they sell off their summer stock, perhaps you could pick a pair reasonably inexpensively.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    As Pinno says, Dhb can be good value.
    I f you do try Dhb, my bought the Dhb Classics because I was reluctant to splash the cash. I ended up buying the Dhb Aeron version some time later. Well worth the extra money imo.