Voodoo Bizango Halfords and the best price?

inkj
inkj Posts: 93
edited August 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

It looks like Halford's do 10% off everything sales every so often

I don't mind waiting before I buy - does anyone know when the next offer is likely to run?

Also which 'club' is best to joing to get 10% off at Halfords, BC or one of the others [?]

Sorry to be so penny pinching - but it's a big spend for me - so if I can save £50 - £100 that would be worth waiting for

Any advice would be good.

Thanks

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Get BC - it is 10% off everything you buy in Halfords not just bikes. I used it in store as I could not find a way to apply it on line. Bizango is a good bike.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Dave85
    Dave85 Posts: 18
    The Bizango is currently at 20% off, why are you waiting for it to go back to full price and buying with a bc? You can't use the 10% off on top of current sale items I don't believe so now is probably the best time to get it?
  • sh3p
    sh3p Posts: 98
    Order it online and show your BC membership card when you pay ....have got the discount on every item I have bought from halfords, including sale items .. example was the cycleopps hammer trainer on sale at £800 down from over £1100 .I payed £720 with BC discount.
  • inkj
    Thanks

Didn't realise you couldn't get BC 10% off if it was reduced

Anyone know how to buy Halford vouchers at 10% discount - as I saw that apparently you can... but could see how or where

Thanks again
  • t0ffeeman
    t0ffeeman Posts: 47
    You CAN use your BC discount on sale/discounted items, I’ve done it on loads of stuff from Halfords and not just bike stuff
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Halfords changed their terms a few months ago, no stacking of discounts (ie no BC discount on sale items) and no BC discount on non-bike products.

Whether the message has got through to all stores is something else, but then I often found you used to be told you couldn't use a BC discount on some spray paint and wiper blades anyway!
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    Im not sure if they still do this but I bought my old Bizango, the black and yellow one, after seeing an offer where you took an old bike into the store and they gave you 10% off a new bike.
    If memory serves me correct they had the bike reduced also so I got the shop reduced price, possibly 10%, and then took one of my daughters too small bikes in and got another 10% off.
    I found a works offer that also got 10% off the face value of Halfords store cards when money was put on via a website.
    The only very small issue was that they would take each 10% off individually rather than a straight 20% ( for the 2 offers ) so the discount was reducing each time they applied a 10%.
    Not complaining thought as I got in the region of 28% off the full price..
    Think they were sending the bike via some other Aid organisation to Africa or something...
  • Foxynjr
    Foxynjr Posts: 10
    I bought a voodoo Bizango for my son last month (or maybe end of June) and paid £468.
  • inkj
    When I read the post that said you couldn’t get BC of reduced prices

I ask Halfords CS

They said yes you could

And off price matches

I took that email in with me, instore, when I went to see them today (buying it next Wednesday as not everything coming in until then)

Already to show them the email

But the guy brought up BC and the discount and said you get it off sale and price match prices

That was without me asking

So I guess policy is still you do get the discount off everything (except gift cards)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Good to know ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I applied a friends and family voucher 25% off plus my BC 10% to a Wiggins Rouen already discounted from £340 to £267.I paid £173.55.Depending on store you can stack discounts.
    I’ve just given a 25% off voucher to a mate who had his and four kids bikes nicked and when they’ve decided on bikes I’ll go with him to apply my BC 10%.Should be a good saving on 5 bikes!
  • inkj
    Not heard of the F&F voucher

I'm guessing that's for people who work at Halfords [?]

They do seem clear that the 10% [BC] is on top of all other discounts

The only thing you can't do is stack the 10% discounts... as loads of places [not just BC and UKC] have the 10% cards. I think aboiut eight car manufactors groups do too... So the 10% card discount is a one off [not stackable with anoth one] but they seem happy for that to be after offer prices, and using vouchers or gift cards [instead of money/credit card] are fine...

Hmm... 25% off for F&F... if they had 8k+ top bikes [and I wanted one] I would have to apply to work at Halford's

x
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They do sell very nice Boardman bikes.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Have you bought it yet ? I'd get it asap to make the most out of the summer.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It definitely did change, but awesome if Halfords are slow on the uptake.

T&Cs.
  • inkj
    That is BC T&C

And I'm not sure what this means:

• Exclusive to British Cycling Members.

As every scheme has 10% off Cycles

It would need to be changed on Halford's T&C, not saying it isn't, but what you have linked to doesn't matter as BC could say you will only get the discount if you are wearing green... but if Halfords don't mind if you are wearing other colours then that will be the real T&C of use

Some times schemes like this - the guys [BC] doing T&C either copy it from all their other cards [so that might be the real T&C for Evans????] and also often they will cover themselves by under promising.

If they said 10% off after sales prices/etc... then they would get complaints if someone wasn't offered that by some Saturday staffer scared to make a mistake

Again not saying it isn't in Halfords T&C - but that would be the important thing to see
  • inkj
    This is Cycling Uk's T&C

Conditions and Exclusions

Member card must be presented at time of purchase. Photocopies not accepted.
    The discount is for instore purchases only and excludes the purchase of Gift Vouchers and online use.
    It cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, colleague discount or exchanged for cash.
    Discount only applied once per transaction.

So with their T&C you can use it AFTER a price match, and on items on sale price

I doubt that BC and UK Cycling actually have different T&C agreements with Halfords
  • inkj
    So both the actions of store staff - and the confirmation when asked of CS, I would say with almost certainty that BC are under promising in their T&C and the 10% is ok for all instore purchases

Though.... if you are saying they announced a change of policy - then maybe I'm wrong... as I often am

x
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Inkj wrote:
    Not heard of the F&F voucher

I'm guessing that's for people who work at Halfords [?]

They do seem clear that the 10% [BC] is on top of all other discounts

The only thing you can't do is stack the 10% discounts... as loads of places [not just BC and UKC] have the 10% cards. I think aboiut eight car manufactors groups do too... So the 10% card discount is a one off [not stackable with anoth one] but they seem happy for that to be after offer prices, and using vouchers or gift cards [instead of money/credit card] are fine...

Hmm... 25% off for F&F... if they had 8k+ top bikes [and I wanted one] I would have to apply to work at Halford's

x
    The F&F vouchers are issued to staff a couple of times a year.My mate usually get 5or6 each time.Staff can’t use them for themselves but it is obviously easy to work around it.
    No two stores are the same as the staff don’t seem to know their own T&Cs regarding stacking discounts.