edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, but only a token w

this could be the last day of summer, shame to waste it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, back home, 12 degs warmer thank goodness, have just watered the garden another hot day forecast
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sun shining so i will go for a ride.

have 295k route with 4,760m of climbing planned so will start at 10 and finish at 3 so have time to have a swim before picking up bambini.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Trying to catch up for yesterday and prepare for holidays on Thursday night means no fun and working from home since silly o’clock

Need a holiday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Yesterday's bike ride didn't happen, so dropped the car off early this morning and went straight to work in the cool mist which was a nice change.

Early dart to fetch car later, followed by some riding around in circles. New helmet pads arriving today hopefully.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Feeling rather tired and weary, really should try to get more sleep when I'm not at my desk. Apparently desk sleep isn't good quality sleep. Hopefully not too much going on today, but I doubt that it will pan out that way.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    TLW1 wrote:
    Trying to catch up for yesterday and prepare for holidays on Thursday night means no fun and working from home since silly o’clock

Need a holiday

According to your Automatic reply, you've just had a holiday :roll:

What's the 'w' SG? We can guess...

Misty, murky today. Also known in Scotland as 'smurry'. Funny lot.

Me doing all sorts of silly things me. Shorty is 6 today. Say 'Happy birthday Shorty'.
    I assembled a Lilac Apollo with butterfly detailing bike for her late last night. As mentioned to another bracket brother, it actually has round wheels and brakes. Apollo have come along way/ I hope it wears in 'cos I had to use some de-blocker on the chain and some oil, re-adjust the back wheel position and pedal it furiously (upside down; it doesn't fit me).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    En route to the new forest for the night with Mrs H3. Mini left in the care of the nanny. "Bike ride" with Mrs H3 planned, being 20 miles of flat ex-railway track, so I've stuck my old wheels with the 38mm rubber on the bike. Maybe a pub for lunch. Dinner at the hotel later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    TLW1 wrote:

Need a holiday
    Where you off to?

Just been booted out of the building for a random fire drill just as I was starting my second coffee and getting stuck into something ingeresting. CBA to go to the marshalling point 250m away so am sitting in the sunshine near the entrance passing the time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Happy birthday Shorty.
    The w is the thing SG is trying to keep to a minimum in his wfh. I'm trying to keep it to a minimum whilst sfw.
    Should go in search of some sustenance at some point.
    I need a holiday.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Need a holiday

According to your Automatic reply, you've just had a holiday :roll:
    :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Need a holiday
    Where you off to?
    France - Cognac region ;)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Need a holiday
    Where you off to?
    France - Cognac region ;)
    Very fancy. I'm off to England - Cider region :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon. Tried the bivy bag out in the rain last night, went to sleep OK but it was too hot (and too little wind) so I had the bug net open. I was then helpfully woken up at 2am by a frog jumping on my face. Scared the sh1t out of me
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Afternoon. Tried the bivy bag out in the rain last night, went to sleep OK but it was too hot (and too little wind) so I had the bug net open. I was then helpfully woken up at 2am by a frog jumping on my face. Scared the sh1t out of me
    There was a big scream last night around the time Stropteen was going to bed. Turns out she put her head on the pillow and came face to face with a very large (by UK standards) spider. I managed to get it onto a bit of paper and lobbed out of the bedroom window. Then spent several minutes explaining that it was (a) harmless and (b) unlikely to make its way up from the patio to the first floor window that it was lobbed out of. Stressbag was about as useful as a chocolate teapot in all of this. I should take them on holiday to Africa or Australia :)
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    There was a big scream last night around the time Stropteen was going to bed. Turns out she put her head on the pillow and came face to face with a very large (by UK standards) spider. I managed to get it onto a bit of paper and lobbed out of the bedroom window. Then spent several minutes explaining that it was (a) harmless and (b) unlikely to make its way up from the patio to the first floor window that it was lobbed out of. Stressbag was about as useful as a chocolate teapot in all of this. I should take them on holiday to Africa or Australia :)

I came home yesterday to find a glass with a lid containing 2 big spiders in the kitchen on Monday, presumably the GF had left them there for me to deal with. Unfortunately for her I'm challenging gender stereotypes and making her do it.
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Unfortunately for her I'm challenging gender stereotypes and making her do it.
    This is a good thing, I try to do the same with out daughter. She doesn't like spiders but is now confident enough to catch them in a glass and get them out of a window, although face to face on a pillow would have made her jump and possibly scream I should think.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

sorry dude, but wtaf do you want to bivvy out?

MADNESS

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    ride done. now at edwyns having a coffee.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    I've done similar with the Mrs,s, she's terrified of spiders and hates unlocking the toilet when her or the kids have blocked it.
    Are the two things linked?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    went for some tests earlier due to some visual oddness, ever since i've had pupils like grace slick on acid, also blurry but without the white rabbit

there are no scary insects in uk, even in the steamier places it's more about the foul infections they can carry, but the big ones do make a mess, taste like cack too

aside from lyme disease the uk is pretty benign, at least here there's no general need to soak in deet here
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Having a negroni, some fancy mini scotch egg things and some elongated pork scratchings. Mrs H3 has gone to straighten her hair, leaving me to look at the other clientele. Mainly old and rich so it seems. Dinner later looks good. Let's hope it lives up to its promise.
  • pinno
    "With its simple composition of equal parts gin, vermouth and Campari, the dry and zingy negroni..."

You don't muck around, do you Hoppy?

I get bats following the insects who are attracted by my front bike lights. I love it.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    "With its simple composition of equal parts gin, vermouth and Campari, the dry and zingy negroni..."

You don't muck around, do you Hoppy?

The trick is to only have one.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Hoppy I can't see you only having one if it's that nice.
    :D
    Wine with dinner too Oxo.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

MADNESS

The two bivvies I have weigh 300g & 450g a piece, the tent I have is 1.9kg and the new one will still be ~1.3kg. Touring, Bike packing racing next year plus mountain camping are all made significantly easier with bivvies rather than tents, when it's not p1ssing it down and infested with frogs that is... :wink:

Having ridden the NC500 with two people's stuff on my bike I'm going down the light weight route...
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

MADNESS

The two bivvies I have weigh 300g & 450g a piece, the tent I have is 1.9kg and the new one will still be ~1.3kg. Touring, Bike packing racing next year plus mountain camping are all made significantly easier with bivvies rather than tents, when it's not p1ssing it down and infested with frogs that is... :wink:

Having ridden the NC500 with two people's stuff on my bike I'm going down the light weight route...

Can't you just stay in a hotel? I'm sorry but essentially you are going on holiday to sleep in a sock in a bin liner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

H3: what did you have?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

MADNESS

Can't you just stay in a hotel? I'm sorry but essentially you are going on holiday to sleep in a sock in a bin liner.

It's a race, not a holiday! Although I would expect the accomodation to be marginally better than either of the hotels I have stayed at on Tenerife cycling holidays... :lol:
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

MADNESS

It's a race, not a holiday! Although I would expect the accomodation to be marginally better than either of the hotels I have stayed at on Tenerife cycling holidays... :lol:

Coming from a man who has slept in ditches in the middle of some god forsaken place, in the 'field', at her majesty's expense*, in some arctic bag (i've seen them, they're beautiful), it's a bit rich. So I wouldn't take MF's view with any degree of seriousness. And I bet, they had squaddies to dig the damn ditch, carry the damn equipment and even cook his dinner. I cannot see a Prima dona like MF getting his hands dirty and actually using a shovel...

*our.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

H3: what did you have?

A glass of vinho verde, then we shared a bottle of dolcetto d'alba. Very nice they were too.