Weird issue with 3s power display on wahoo bolt

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,467
edited August 2018 in Workshop
I’m guessing there must be a reason for this that I’m being very obtuse in not sussing out, but why is it that when I set up a field on the ELEMNT bolt display to show 3s power it has a black background, when 5s and all other power averages have the normal white field background....??

Comments

• davebradswmb
    davebradswmb Posts: 447
    edited August 2018
    Have you got the leds to display 3s power zones? I don't have a power meter so my leds are set up to display heart rate zones, and the heart rate field display is reversed on all pages.
  • I think it’s because it was the last field you highlighted on the phone app. Go back to the phone app and edit the very last field on that page, one that you rarely see if you normally compact (zoom in) the display. I’d expect that will correct what you are seeing.

Personally I like having an important field highlighted with this reverse display.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Have you got the leds to display 3s power zones? I don't have a power meter so my leds are set up to display heart rate zones, and the heart rate field display is reversed on all pages.
    Yup, it seems that the bolt reverses the display for whatever metric (if any) is being used for the leds. If I change the leds to hr or speed then that field is reversed.. For power it seems that 3s power is considered to be default in that context - weirdly raw power or 5s power don’t appear reversed. Perhaps because 3s average is used for the leds?

Now that I know it will stop annoying me... ;-)