edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee etc., wonder what webexes await

maybe quick bail for sunny sunny as it surely can't last much longer
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, travelling home today to some better weather hopefully.
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH early doors and then my grandads funeral - no sad emoji as he was 93

Depending on timings I may go out with the running club later.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, ah condolences, I hope I make it to 93 TLW, hope it all goes ok.

The hound had a cone this weekend to stop him licking his missing claw, he smashed into everything and it made him panic lots and couldn’t get used to it. In the end I realised he could still lick his foot quite easily so I’ve taped a waterproof sock to his foot instead, the cone is torture
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Day off today, no plans apart from dropping the car at the garage later and riding back.
    The sun's in hiding, hopefully temporary. Maybe sungod can sort that out.
    TLW1 wrote:
    WFH early doors and then my grandads funeral - no sad emoji as he was 93
    It's still sad when they go though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    93 is fine. The age is irrelevant, it's the quality of life. Someone 115 years old could have spent the previous 40 years in pain but that's just the way I see it. I hope he had a good life.
    I don't mind growing old as long as I have quality of life.

Toots swimming today on account of sh1t weather.

Must go do a bit of a run around.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Another glorious day in not quite as glorious Hanworth, nice wobble in the sunshine to get here at least. Bloody knackered so I think I will need coffee on IV. Off to see the old man later so another ride to the wilds of Tooting. Hoping the quacks will have some idea of what they are going to do with him. Better idea than the priests had at any rate, they went to see him yesterday and gave him the last rites. He told them to bugger off as he had no intention of going anywhere yet. My mother was worried that his notes said he had no religion so she told them he's a catholic, he wasn't best pleased with their visit but at least he could laugh about it.
    Anyway, I need another cup of tea.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    drinking coffee. bambino being a right little shyyyt. i'm going to find myself a war to go to for some peace and quiet.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. First ride of the wk done, different route and I'm wishing I had an ebike or even easier gears. TLW all the best today, 93 is a bloody good age. Same as my grans when she passed. Hopefully tad cooler today as eldest looking a bit like a cooked lobster even though he used cream. Stevo, if your bringing your bike, fit a motor for the uphills. Enjoy work All.
    You're really selling this North Devon cycling thing Oxo.

4 day week for me as we're headed west on Friday morning. At least the rain finishes on the Sunday now. Stropteen is already saying she doesn't want to go as UK holidays are 'boring and for old people'. Don't know what the problem is, the cottage has wi-fi.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. First ride of the wk done, different route and I'm wishing I had an ebike or even easier gears. TLW all the best today, 93 is a bloody good age. Same as my grans when she passed. Hopefully tad cooler today as eldest looking a bit like a cooked lobster even though he used cream. Stevo, if your bringing your bike, fit a motor for the uphills. Enjoy work All.

MF said that h e should stop using cream and use suntan lotion instead. MF said that may help.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo, if your bringing your bike, fit a motor for the uphills.
    Stevo has his man in a van to drive him up hills don't you know. :lol:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ride ridden. I drank 3.5 litres of water. It's a bit hot.
    Mrs and mini are off somewhere, so I'm horizontal with a packet of frozen peas on my right knee. I could do with a rub down as well. Lovely ride out though. A little easier than last time.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Uplifts are not allowed unless it's BPW. It's again the rules.
    You've never heard of Bike Park Bideford then?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    What the Tarka trail challenge. It's flat.
    An uplift would still be good.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Cheers for the thoughts, much appreciated

Day went really well and I even managed to disconnect my work phone from my watch just before we picked up the coffin