Dent in rim- Campag Shamal mille

Midlands Grimpeur
Midlands Grimpeur Posts: 340
edited August 2018 in Workshop
Hit a pothole a few weeks back and put a small dent in the rim of my rear wheel (Campag Shamal Mille). Have tapped the dent out so it is reasonably straight and the wheel is spinning fine with just a very minor wobble. Is it worth taking it in to my LBS to see if I can get it completely true or am I best to stick with how it is and accept that is probably the best I can get it?

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Hit a pothole a few weeks back and put a small dent in the rim of my rear wheel (Campag Shamal Mille). Have tapped the dent out so it is reasonably straight and the wheel is spinning fine with just a very minor wobble. Is it worth taking it in to my LBS to see if I can get it completely true or am I best to stick with how it is and accept that is probably the best I can get it?

Only you can answer that.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    If you've got a small wobble you probably just need your spokes tightened... so depends if you're comfortable doing that yourself vs getting your LBS to do it.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I generally take that kind of thing as a personal challenge. I can afford to spend a lot more time tweaking spokes than a bike shop would.
  • Cheers, yeah I appreciate only I can really decide if I am happy with it. I am going to have a look at tightening the spokes and probably leave it at that as there isn't likely to be much more the LBS could do.