Rockshox/sram bleed kit

krel
krel Posts: 25
edited August 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
Ive had my rockshox reverb dropper sent away for service and i also need to bleed my sram guide rs brakes, can anyone tell me if any of the available bleed kits can be used with the aforementioned parts or would i need to buy separate kits ?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Try here. best kits IMHO, reasonable prices and lots of useful help on site.

https://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    AFAIK reverbs use oil and Sram brakes use DOT fluid so you need a different kit for each. Don't mix syringes etc.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Their kits are good, just ordered the wedge.
    As said, dont get the fluids mixed up as the post fluid in your brakes is going to end in tears!
    Check SRAM website, but 99% sure its DOT 5.1 which is completely different to 5.0.
    Dave
  • cooldad
    Any DOT fluid will work, 3, 4, 5.1. But don't mix 5 which is silicone not glycol-based. Glycerol basis are fine to mix, makes no difference in a bike.

And don't mix with any with mineral oil.

Epic supply the right one anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • krel
    krel Posts: 25
    Thank you for the advice, £41 for the brake kit and the dropper kit together so pleased with that ! On another slightly more embarrassing note after i accidentally melted the hose from my dropper post remote on the stove top i need to replace that, will regular brake hose suffice or does it have to be a like for like replacement ?
  • cooldad
    From memory it's thinner, but could be wrong.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools