Bikeprotection-spray

Nilsemann
Nilsemann Posts: 31
edited August 2018 in Workshop
Is there really a point of using bike-protection-spray?

As long as you lube right, dry the bike, and dont blast water into bearings the bike shold be ok, or?

And the muc-off spray. OK on carbon? and suspenstion fork, or spesfic spray for those things?

Comments

• No one has any opinion?

On a scale from 1-10.. (10 is critical).... where will you put usage of Bikeprotetcion-spray...

Both aluminium and carbon... and on handlebars... and places where you want to "force" out water. (krank, gear etc)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Define bike-protection-spray...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    What it does is help get the bugs and crap off at the next wash. Personally, I use WD40 sprayed onto a cloth and wipe the bike down. Matt frame too.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Define bike-protection-spray...

https://goo.gl/fLfqTB
    https://goo.gl/CuyiTd
  • philthy3 wrote:
    What it does is help get the bugs and crap off at the next wash. Personally, I use WD40 sprayed onto a cloth and wipe the bike down. Matt frame too.

I have used MucOff Bike-protection.... and ater i ride with my alu-cx on gravelroad..... just as dusty as without in my opinoin.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Well stop wasting your money then. As I said, it isn't supposed to stop them getting dirty. It makes it easier to clean them afterwards.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't spray anything randomly on my bikes. Clean as needed, lube specifically as required.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Well stop wasting your money then. As I said, it isn't supposed to stop them getting dirty. It makes it easier to clean them afterwards.

I understand that offcourse.