tuesday the wigglin' guitars, girl, the crash of the drums, makes me wanna keep on rockin' 'til the

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, need to sort out some extra internet pipes into one of the labs, this will involve yet another webex

on the plus side, off for a bubbly lunch
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, in sunny Scotland working, will probably get out on the bike later
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Sloped off from work early cos there was nothin' doin', and cycled home without seeing one other single vehicle. Only 4.5 miles, but an achievement nonetheless. After that I guessed since the weather was clear and that the dog has somewhat been short changed in recent hot weather, I'd better take her for a 90 minute walk around the local country park. Off to bed, where I shall remain - curled in a ball - for the next 3 days after this morning's exertions.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sun shining, Bambini snoring, TDV not around so going to have a coffee with The Hound in my hammock.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Sunny, cool, standard ride to work, strava didn't record so it didn't count. TT later, legs won't be impressed.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Coolish here. Today will be the Ryedale show, the big question is what weather to dress for. Sometimes life is complicated.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Not a tremendous amount going on here, day of mediocrity beckons as I really can't be arsed due to being a bit knackered. I need a holiday.
    Thistle, show your legs your Strava feed and tell them you allowed them a break before this evening's TT and you'll be fine.
    Ooh, cake day today so I will be moving quickly at least once before the day is out.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Going for a ride. Dunno where. Might see if i can pedal up a hill or two.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Currently listening to Bjork.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Have you fixed your bike yet, or do you still need my large and magnificent well polished tool?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Mouth wrote:
    Off to bed, where I shall remain - curled in a ball - for the next 3 days after this morning's exertions.

You'll fit in here.

Me going do spray anti-corrosion stuff on the underside of the van marathon after pressure washing it yesterday me. :roll: Then when it is dry, start the under sealing process. Oh the joys.

Then it is contortion time under the Old New banger's dash to re-attach a link rod for the heater. The current problem is heater on permanently and the rod which controls it has come off (I hope, as it's the easy solution but we shall see what my luck is like). I really am disappointed that despite having a sign at the bottom of the drive saying "Wanted: Midget who's handy with a spanner and doesn't mind small spaces. Accommodation (a wooden trunk) provided. Apply within" has had no response.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Then it is contortion time under the Old New banger's dash to re-attach a link rod for the heater. The current problem is heater on permanently and the rod which controls it has come off (I hope, as it's the easy solution but we shall see what my luck is like). I really am disappointed that despite having a sign at the bottom of the drive saying "Wanted: Midget who's handy with a spanner and doesn't mind small spaces. Accommodation (a wooden trunk) provided. Apply within" has had no response.
    That's ridiculous, you should be ashamed of yourself. A midget is no use to you at all in those circumstances, short stubby fingers are useless for that kind of job. You need someone with long and slender digits, a well trained monkey should do the job. Failing that a tall, slim child would do.
  • pinno
    Apart from circus tricks, don't they teach midgets anything?!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    Then it is contortion time under the Old New banger's dash to re-attach a link rod for the heater. The current problem is heater on permanently and the rod which controls it has come off (I hope, as it's the easy solution but we shall see what my luck is like).
    You could just pull the fuse out and put it back in when you need it (probably 2 weeks time).
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Then it is contortion time under the Old New banger's dash to re-attach a link rod for the heater. The current problem is heater on permanently and the rod which controls it has come off (I hope, as it's the easy solution but we shall see what my luck is like).
    You could just pull the fuse out and put it back in when you need it (probably 2 weeks time).

The rod controls a flap. Whilst I think that is a great solution, the flap is in the wrong position so fan off or on, air is getting directed through the heater matrix.

I decided 2 weeks ago to start addressing the problem by getting the air con recharged as there was no mention of it in any service receipts. At least, if that was not the problem, then I could start looking elsewhere. All I did initially, was check the fuse.
    I dropped it off at a garage I know who told me that their system can check for leaks and won't re-charge if there is a leak. I thought that was great as it would further isolate the problem.

1 hour later, I got a call from the garage. He told me that there was no air con system :oops:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

The rod controls a flap. Whilst I think that is a great solution, the flap is in the wrong position so fan off or on, air is getting directed through the heater matrix.

I decided 2 weeks ago to start addressing the problem by getting the air con recharged as there was no mention of it in any service receipts. At least, if that was not the problem, then I could start looking elsewhere. All I did initially, was check the fuse.
    I dropped it off at a garage I know who told me that their system can check for leaks and won't re-charge if there is a leak. I thought that was great as it would further isolate the problem.

1 hour later, I got a call from the garage. He told me that there was no air con system :oops:
    Therefore it's lighter and faster
  • tlw1
    6 hrs in one meeting, love it (ish)
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Have you fixed your bike yet, or do you still need my large and magnificent well polished tool?

Nah, not got round to buying a bb. Will fix that today, and when it arrives, pop over and marvel at your tool again!

Seemed okish on the ride I just did though. Way more uphill than I've done in ages. I'm utterly broken, having not ridden for the best part of 2 weeks. I can't see me moving from the horizontal.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nah, not got round to buying a bb. Will fix that today, and when it arrives, pop over and marvel at your tool again!

Seemed okish on the ride I just did though. Way more uphill than I've done in ages. I'm utterly broken, having not ridden for the best part of 2 weeks. I can't see me moving from the horizontal.

Not another one that's going to curl up on the couch! :roll:
    You, Mouth and MF should bulk purchase 'massage sessions' and painkillers*.
    Hell, even WS could join in as he's inclined to suffer occasionally and he'd love to show you his shiny tool.

*Not too much of the latter because it would dull the former.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Bit of a busy day but slide deck now dispatched to the board on something vaguely important and I just need to have a conference call with them on it tomorrow morning. Then I'm going mountain biking after that :) Think I might go home soon.

In other news, Stropteen went up to the West End with her mates today to hang around and ended up bagging a selfie with Jordan Pickford.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Pinno wrote:
    ... The current problem is heater on permanently ...
    surely this explains the recent temperatures up your end of the isle

if you get it fixed, it'll be single digits before you know it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Groan. I'm going to be in bed before mini I reckon. I'm going to have to get up silly early a few days a week so I can maintain what little fitness I had by getting a couple of hundred km in every week without irritating Mrs H3.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Groan. I'm going to be in bed before mini I reckon. I'm going to have to get up silly early a few days a week so I can maintain what little fitness I had by getting a couple of hundred km in every week without irritating Mrs H3.

In days of old when men were bold... they put bricks in saddle bags. In fact, when I were a lad we used t'go owt evry Sunday and do 'undred and fifty miles on 72" fixed - two dustbins strapped to yer ankles, You can still see scars outside Hawes where Tubby Arkwright's legs come unbolted at 200rpm...

cont. p94
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

In days of old when men were bold... they put bricks in saddle bags. In fact, when I were a lad we used t'go owt evry Sunday and do 'undred and fifty miles on 72" fixed - two dustbins strapped to yer ankles, You can still see scars outside Hawes where Tubby Arkwright's legs come unbolted at 200rpm...

cont. p94

Heh heh! :D

No need for bricks in saddlebags when you're carting 85kg plus the bike up gradients of up to 21%. At one point I slowed to such an extent I thought I was heading for tarmac, but I tacked and rescued it. :oops:
  • tlw1
    Oopppsss quick drink in the local and I’ve got involved in the stag night