Recommended bike mechanic in Leicester

Maglia_Rosa
Maglia_Rosa Posts: 72
edited July 2018 in Workshop
I need my carbon steerer tube cutting down and don’t particularly want to attempt to do it myself and also have to buy the tools required for something I’m likely to not have to do many times.

Having recently moved to Leicester Forest East I’m wondering if anybody can recommend a decent bike shop to do this job as I don’t know the area that well.

I’ve looked on google and apart from Evans and a few Raleigh stockists I can’t see much. I’ve been spoiled having Rourke cycles on my post round in the past which made life very easy.

Tah!

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I need my carbon steerer tube cutting down and don’t particularly want to attempt to do it myself and also have to buy the tools required for something I’m likely to not have to do many times.

Having recently moved to Leicester Forest East I’m wondering if anybody can recommend a decent bike shop to do this job as I don’t know the area that well.

I’ve looked on google and apart from Evans and a few Raleigh stockists I can’t see much. I’ve been spoiled having Rourke cycles on my post round in the past which made life very easy.

Tah!
    A hack-saw is hardly expensive! ;)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • I’ve already got a hacksaw! But for what I imagine won’t cost me very much I’d rather let someone do it who’s done it many times before.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Its a simple job and not worth forking out for. But if you insist, try Tim or Paul at Lutterworth Cycles.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    +1 for lutterworth cycles.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    they will probably be able to lube your chain and pump your tyres up too.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,387
    +2 for Lutterworth cycles
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Once you've done it yourself you'll wonder why you paid somebody else to do it...

A carbon steerer is a lot easier to cut than an alloy one
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    keef66 wrote:
    Once you've done it yourself you'll wonder why you paid somebody else to do it...

A carbon steerer is a lot easier to cut than an alloy one

and the alloy ones are a piece of p iss too.
  • they will probably be able to lube your chain and pump your tyres up too.

Remember when I asked for your opinion? No me either so on your bike you whopper.

Thanks for Lutterworth Cycles suggestion. It’s a short trip and price is cheaper than buying a saw guide & new blade so it’s a no brainer.