edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

come back summer, ignore those that wanted you to leave

ride, unless it's a deluge, though maybe even then, cafe, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, definitely Sungod come back summer, heavy rain for the last 2 hours this morning, at least the lawn is looking better, preparing for work , out for lunch .
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    This weather is shoot

Soaked after walking the dog, meant to be doing some exercise but I will wait until branches stop falling out of the trees
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    after the recent sunniness it seemed odd out with the endless gloomygrey, deluge struck after a couple of hours, very soggy me, grrrr, mrs s not sympathtic

at least tubs survived without any cuts from wet glass etc.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks, very wet here so lying in bed with a cup of tea and a biscuit. Can hear people cheering on the rather moist Ride London, good that a lot of people still turn out in spite of the weather. Loads out when I did the Splash London 86, not as wet this year so hopefully the roads won’t be flooded.
    Will pop into Kingston later and see what’s going on.
    Have a good day one and all.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Missing the Raynes Park chicane of the RL100 this year. It's normally good fun to cheer the amateur stragglers on, then watch the pros power out of the 90 degree bends.

Instead I'm watching rain fall from the sky in Cov.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Bit of a lie in - compared to some on here. I'm sure SG got up an hour earlier than his usual (s)ungodly time to dodge the rain. Personally I'm happy with a bit of rain as the garden might turn green and it saves me getting the hose out to fill the fish pond for a bit longer.

Sorting some bike kit out today as I'm going mountain biking On Weds for the first time since I did my shoulder in. Only in Kent, mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Tnoon, damp today, summers obviously part of the brexit deal, as in we loose it. Soggy blowy pedal on the No.2 bike not chancing deep rims in this wind.
    Not much else to do today some poultry to roast later and try some whiskey I picked up yesterday
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Random question of the day - why is wet glass more likely to cut your tyres than dry glass?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Now back in a very wet Yorkshire. So wet that it will be a major feat to get the luggage out of the car without drowning.
    Might have to watch the Cycling till it stops raining.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Random question of the day - why is wet glass more likely to cut your tyres than dry glass?
    Water helps lubricate so it cuts through the rubber more easily I believe, more punctures in the wet as a result. Just been watching a few of the RL100 riders and saw a few pushing bikes with flats. Who would enter a 100 mile ride without planning for such things?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    ^^^this

the last tub to succumb had been ridden a couple of thousand km without even a slight nick, first wet ride it cut but sealant fixed it, second wet ride and it was cut too badly for sealant to work (cut was on the shoulder of the tread, that part wasn't even worn)
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks Gents, another of life's little mysteries solved.

Now to figure out why it doesn't seem to happen to me. My guess is the lorry tyres that I use for communting on :)
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Water helps lubricate so it cuts through the rubber more easily I believe, more punctures in the wet as a result. Just been watching a few of the RL100 riders and saw a few pushing bikes with flats. Who would enter a 100 mile ride without planning for such things?
    Me and a pal both had 4 punctures each in the flooded ride London’s

Today’s ride was 2 punctures which was more than the amount of tubes I was carrying :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao ragazzi.

lethargy has hit mf towers and we are all flopped out on the couch doing nuffink. need to go and do a weights sesh but can't be bothered to move.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    ciao ragazzi.

lethargy has hit mf towers and we are all flopped out on the couch doing nuffink. need to go and do a weights sesh but can't be bothered to move.
    Get off your backside MF - even I've just done some weights.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman wrote:
    took me 30 mins to get the last 500 yrds then another 30 mins to find a parking space. Arghh..
    Haha unlucky.
    It's always like that unless you get there midweek before 9 or in the evening - even then it's not pleasant.
    JE James is probably a good bet for a big bike shop to wander around looking at things.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Ride went out the window as rain swept in, OH decided let's do Cheshire Oaks instead. FFS roadworks on M6 then took me 30 mins to get the last 500 yrds then another 30 mins to find a parking space. Arghh. Next time I'm dragging her in to the biggest bike shop I can find just to pixx her off.
    To give her an idea of what going shopping is like for us, next time you go out for a drink, drag her round loads of different pubs without buying a pint until you get back to the first one that you went in.
  • Stevo_666
    Good documentary about Joe Strummer on London Live just now.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Ride went out the window as rain swept in, OH decided let's do Cheshire Oaks instead. FFS roadworks on M6 then took me 30 mins to get the last 500 yrds then another 30 mins to find a parking space. Arghh. Next time I'm dragging her in to the biggest bike shop I can find just to pixx her off.
    To give her an idea of what going shopping is like for us, next time you go out for a drink, drag her round loads of different pubs without buying a pint until you get back to the first one that you went in.
    Who is this really punishing?
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That did confuse me too, just the thought of it was causing me some distress.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Hopefully you'd only have to do it once...