Friday, you wanna know the truth son? Lord, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in a lak

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
Home back in that London. S'fcukin' hot.

Made good time from Devon. We had a lovely little break. I bought mini her first bodyboard, she smashed it out of the park. Real sense of which wave to pick, and the timing to catch it.

I'm just taking the edge off the drive with one of those cans of gin and tonic, over a lot of ice, with a couple of slugs of gin.

Looking forward to honey for breakfast, but all sorts of shyyte to deal with after that as Mrs H3 has invited people to do some murder mystery shyyte. Dinner is fine, I like all the people, but why do we have to act the tw@t? Let's just eat, talk and drink. No need for childish bullshyyte. Pah. :roll:

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

approve of the title, a bit more of this gentle persuasion and making a few examples would solve many things

café, bit of wfh then skive/ bask depending % of sunny
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well the thunder storms that were predicted for yesterday are happening now, hope we see some sunshine today,
    I’m up in Scotland next week for a couple of weeks I wonder if the temperature will reach 16 degsC :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Friday

Great to have the kids back, but somehow still ended up in the local
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Yay, Friday.
    Finishing my last nightshift, then up town to collect a suit for grandson number 1, then a celebration tonight for my Auntie having been a Nun for 50 years, early escape from that and off to the caravan, which I strategically placed near a mountainbike centre the other day.

All this is prep work for finding a pub that is showing the TT stage tomorrow.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • bikes`n`guns
    Morning, well the thunder storms that were predicted for yesterday are happening now, hope we see some sunshine today,
    I’m up in Scotland next week for a couple of weeks I wonder if the temperature will reach 16 degsC :)

It`s like the burning fires of Hell up here mate.

Scorchio.
  • bikes`n`guns

It`s like the burning fires of Hell up here mate. My car thingy read 38 deg yesterday. (real life about 27)

Scorchio.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Hot and sultry here following last nights minor thunder storm. My plan for a bike ride before driving across to Cheshire for nephews wedding have been scuppered by the missus having corsages delivered. So I have to wait about for them.
    So I think it will a mainly drinking coffee morning.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mrs H3 has invited people to do some murder mystery shyyte.
    Who's getting murdered?

Genuinely forgot to bring a shirt in to change into this morning, so shorts and T shirt all day (no bike again).
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, glad you enjoyed your break and beat SG up.

Cheers oxo. I can't claim to have beaten sg out of bed, I just went to bed late (for me)!

Morning all. Unpacking, washing, cleaning. :|
  • hopkinb
    Morning
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mrs H3 has invited people to do some murder mystery shyyte.
    Who's getting murdered?
    Me, I expect, for moaning about murder mystery.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in today as I don't have to carry a ridiculously air con unit with me, did have to carry an extra shirt as work has decided today is Hawaiian shirt day. I wonder if we will get laid? Is that the right term for receiving of one of those flower necklaces, although I think it's called a lei. For some reason my manager told me I was being inappropriate when I asked the question. I should like to apologise to Sungod as it will definitely rain today and it's my fault because I took the mudguards off my bike.
    Hoping for a fairly quiet day then off to the pub to meet the Mrs later. Need to argue with the neighbours builder as none of the things he said would or wouldn't happen have gone as we discussed. He wasn't answering messages until we mentioned talking to the party wall surveyor as it is not as per the agreement. That could be fun.
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in today as I don't have to carry a ridiculously air con unit with me, did have to carry an extra shirt as work has decided today is Hawaiian shirt day...
    every day is hawaiian shirt day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in today as I don't have to carry a ridiculously air con unit with me, did have to carry an extra shirt as work has decided today is Hawaiian shirt day...

Talking of which, can anyone recommend a decent Hawaiin short outlet? MF needs one and we all think there is a fine line between "cool short my man, have a mojito on the house" and "wtaf are you wearing?"
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Talking of which, can anyone recommend a decent Hawaiin short outlet? MF needs one and we all think there is a fine line between "cool short my man, have a mojito on the house" and "wtaf are you wearing?"
    Primark or TK Maxx :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    12.05am?! FAIL.

Anyway, what's with the fire and brimstone Billy Graham style title?

Me going all over me. Well, as all over as it can be in this port of the world. Food Shop > park > flat.
    Simples.

Minor thunderstorm last night. Today somewhere in the mid 20's already. Tonight solar eclipse and orange moon. That might stir things deep in Stevo - perhaps see him on Hampstead Heath with the Cocker wotsit 'owling.

I can't think why one would consume (much) alcohol when the weather is like this. [I hear cries of 'what'?].
    If you're dehydrated 'cos of the weather, why not get even more dehydrated by drinking alcohol?
    Mad dog's an Englishman. (Now underlined by wearing stupid attire)*.

Laters.

*...and Welshmen.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Talking of which, can anyone recommend a decent Hawaiin short outlet?
    Hawaiian short! Eeeouughh, pass the mind bleach.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Primark or TK Maxx :mrgreen:
    Actually a good shout by Thistle. One of the guys here is in a Primani shirt, quality isn't great but it isn't terrible. The lad got a few in TK Maxx that he wears when working in the pub and they had some pretty cool ones. I got mine in M&S which was a bit of a surprise, nice feel to it and appropriately daft without the WTAF factor. Although one person has commented but he has the fashion sense of Tory Brexshitter.
    Disappointingly only about half a dozen people have bothered. One of the girls upstairs said she does have a Hawaiian type dress but it had rather too much boobage* action to wear at work, I asked her why that was a problem and she said it was because I worked here. Bloody cheek. Very disappointing and I told her as much, she walked off laughing. Women can be so cruel.

* And boy does she have some boobage
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    I have to agree with Mr. P, 12:05 is cheating, the rules say you have to go to bed beforehand.

Still rather hot in the Big Smoke today, but not quite as bad as yesterday so Ive pedalled in. Just popped out to pick up some work shirts but they have no air con here - wonderful. Later will be a trip to Beckenham Place Park with the hound for some lunar activities...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Disappointingly only about half a dozen people have bothered. One of the girls upstairs said she does have a Hawaiian type dress but it had rather too much boobage* action to wear at work, I asked her why that was a problem and she said it was because I worked here. Bloody cheek. Very disappointing and I told her as much, she walked off laughing. Women can be so cruel.

* And boy does she have some boobage
    I feel your pain. Norky minion has just buggered off on a Caribbean holiday for 2 weeks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Hound ripped one of his claws off on site this morning so I've just got back from the vet. Didn't really need to go but they gave him some antibiotics and it gives me an excuse to work from home and watch the tour, could be worse. Off to Aviemore this evening to see some friends, could be worse
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    12.05am?! FAIL.

Anyway, what's with the fire and brimstone Billy Graham style title?

Ach, it was Friday. Still is in fact.

Can I play with madness. Iron Maiden, circa 1988. I had it going round my head as we approached London and the temperature gauge kept rising, even though it was getting later.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Can I play with madness. Iron Maiden, circa 1988. I had it going round my head as we approached London and the temperature gauge kept rising, even though it was getting later.
    Same happened to me last weekend - set off from Redcar with the car temp gauge showing 22C at about 3pm: got home just before 8pm and it was 30C. I'd head North again soon if we weren't Devon bound in 2 weeks time.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

Tommy Bahamas make nice shirts/shorts for that style of thing
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    john lewis have a few

mr porter, i'd be tempted by these if the colours weren't so boring
    1047775_mrp_in_l.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    It was a bit soggy on the way back, but at least I'm not quite as sweaty as last time I cycled home...take away time soon, yay.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441

It`s like the burning fires of Hell up here mate. My car thingy read 38 deg yesterday. (real life about 27)

Scorchio.

Good news about the weather, bad news I am working
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    the last sentence of the thread title sounds like a line from some sort of Johnny Cash song.

That is all I have to add.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • sungod
    know what you mean, but 'tis iron maiden, better live than the album let alone the naff video, i think cash's was about a ring of fire
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    know what you mean, but 'tis iron maiden, better live than the album

I'm seeing them at the O2 a week on Friday. I'm hoping for nothing post '86...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    many thanks for the shirt (and short) recommendations: TDV is off to the grim industrial north at the weekend so i'll ask her to keep sn eye out.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.