New to bikes, successor to Giant ATX 1 2015?

Barkerville
Barkerville Posts: 6
edited July 2018 in MTB beginners
Hi all!

Please bear with me, I'm new to biking but it's turning into an obsession!

I recently bought a Giant ATX 1 to go to work and back and hit the trails on my days off. I have enjoyed it way more than I thought I would and want to invest in a better bike?

I love my bike and it's been brilliant but the market is so vast I wouldn't know where to start. Could anyone suggest a good successor to the Giant I have? My budget would probably be up to £800 depending on how nice it is!

I'm not even sure if my bike is good or not but I guess "You get what you pay for" rings true with bikes as well!

Thanks for you help everyone and apologies if it's a bit vague!

Have a good day,

Jon :D

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you enjoyed it on an ATX1 with its frankly god awful fork, you'll enjoy a decent bike much much more!

You would do a lot worse than checking out the Voodoo Bizango from Halfords.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The new Calibre Line 10 looks interesting and gets a very good review from our hosts.
    Sits nicely in your budget with enough change to buy some nice pedals.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    As above - without sounding too rude, if you're been happy with the ATX, just about any bike at your price point will be a massive improvement.

Check out:

Voodoo
    Vitus
    Calibre

These all get good reviews for value for money.

You may also get some good prices on 2018 or 2017 models.

Pauls Cycles shift a lot of older stock.
    "Ride, crash, replace"