We value your privacy

First.Aspect
First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
I'm getting this pop-up every time I log in and every time I jump to another part of the forum.

I also seem to see my preferences re-set periodically.

Is the site trying to pester people into "allowing all" or is it a coding error?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    whatever it is, it's very annoying...
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    Does anyone from the website ever read these pages?

This has gone into overdrive for me today.
  • Same here.

Cand read a thread without it popping up.
  • I have noticed this too and agree the frequency is highly annoying! Will investigate and get back to you.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    Please do. I get this on pretty much every page refresh - which is seriously annoying on a tour stage spoiler thread...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    It's on every page moved now and privacy settings, (Reject all) rarely ever stay reset.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    I was getting the same on Thursday, hopefully it's cleared today as it was making the forum unusable.

The older I get, the better I was.

• david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Didn't get this on mobile yesterday or today, but did on desktop.
    Dave
  • We are currently experiencing a problem with the Quantcast cookie consent pop-up which appears to be re-popping on every page load for some users.

We have alerted the provider and they have a priority team working on a solution. It’s a platform wide issue for them (and not just BikeRadar/Immediate users).

I haven't experienced it this morning but if it continues for you please let me know.

Thanks!
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Better today, but, as usual, every privacy setting has reverted to on.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    joshjevans wrote:
    We are currently experiencing a problem with the Quantcast cookie consent pop-up which appears to be re-popping on every page load for some users.

We have alerted the provider and they have a priority team working on a solution. It’s a platform wide issue for them (and not just BikeRadar/Immediate users).

I haven't experienced it this morning but if it continues for you please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update Josh,

The developers also need to code the popup so that user affirmative action is required to share data with third parties. It's currently coded in the opposite manner, which I believe is a contravention of GDPR protocol.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Thanks for the feedback, I have passed this on to be investigated.

Thanks again.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    No issues here, had it once and that was it.

Saying that, I use the uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger browser extensions so that could be why.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Ben6899 wrote:
    joshjevans wrote:
    We are currently experiencing a problem with the Quantcast cookie consent pop-up which appears to be re-popping on every page load for some users.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update Josh,

The developers also need to code the popup so that user affirmative action is required to share data with third parties. It's currently coded in the opposite manner, which I believe is a contravention of GDPR protocol.

It is a compliance fail but looking at the privacy policy it says they can transfer personal info because of 'legitimate interest'. That is not good enough. For marketing nothing trumps positive, freely given and informed consent. Legit interest trumps processing by contract - such as contract of employment - but the legit interest has to be proven.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    You still don't have this right.

Why the need to ask every week?

Why the need to re-set preferences each time?

For anyone with a few devices it means you are constantly telling this bloody site "no, no I don't want that".

Are you SURE you are legally compliant? (Actually it doesn't matter, because it still says that you DONT actually value anyone's privacy and that you WILL do what you can to share details).
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    I'm also still getting these every now and then.

There seems to be no reason or pattern to them popping up, a refresh at 12pm shouldn't be any different from a refresh at 9am, but the later one brought up the "privacy setting" screen again.

The older I get, the better I was.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    I wonder if the popup gets triggered every time a new advertiser is used on the site so you have to give consent to another party.

I was also getting these every time I visited the site a few weeks back - it was because my browser was set to decline cookies so it forgot the settings each time.

At least the BR popup has a nice big "reject all" button unlike other sites which require you to untick about a dozen boxes then confirm that you are sure, then wait a minute while it "uploads your settings", or the ones that just say if you don't like it then fark off.
  • _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    Why are the banner ads showing me adverts related to sites I've visited even though I select 'reject all' whenever that annoying 'we value your privacy' box appears?