thursday when i shall lay my vengeance upon them

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, dentist for a polish, cafe, wfh, tdf

forecast suggests it may finally reach scorchio, though again spoiled by cloudiness, bit concerned that it's downhill after that
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sun still shining on the east side of the country, thunder storms forecast for later/ tomorrow, have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chester today but without the bike as I’m picking up the kids later - missed the little rugrats
  • sungod
    feels very sticky out, going cloudy too

almost time for cafe and newspaper al fresco
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited July 2018
    On train into town as it's going to be a bit on the hot side later - weather forecast thing on my phone says 36C later on. Another day of joy on the corporate hamster wheel awaits when someone works out what I sent him means the company he works for is probably getting closed down.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Chester today
    Me too.
    TLW1 wrote:
    but without the bike
    Me too.
    TLW1 wrote:
    I’m picking up the kids later
    Not me.

Seems cooler outside, and less sunny, but still nice.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ...for you will know my name is Sungod when I lay my suncream upon you.

Slightly cloudy here. Off to see Fish by choo choo.
    Halfway through the summer hols and i'm just about hanging together.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Just spent an hour shifting stone slabs we don’t need at the moment, I hope I have avoided breaking myself again. Once I stop sweating I will stroll down the shops and then ride my bike.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, nice out, maybe bikes later. Off up to Aviemore this weekend to see friends so I need to pack the van this evening too
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

almost time for cafe and newspaper al fresco

Read that as "at tesco", thought to myself that times must be hard at sungod towers.

Toast and marmalade and a cup of earl grey by a twinkling stream. Off to the beach shortly for alternating fr0lick!ng and lurking.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Thursday, sat at the airport again heading home. Soooooo tired. Managed another week without resorting to actual GBH on people at work for their stupidity, but it's becoming more difficult to resist...

All my work email and stuff was migrated to the cloudy cloudy thing this week, resulting in a total loss of connectivity for 2 days. The networking monkeys then decided to randomly install the new VPN tool out of hours while I was working on my "home" wi-fi - in direct breach of their own published policies - and cost me several hours of lost work because they're too thick to think about what they're doing.

I'm getting fat(ter) and grumpier by the day dealing with the f**kmuppets.

Meanwhile, my beautiful Ti frame is sitting unfinished in the shed at home because I've no time to build it and even less time to ride it....

*sigh*

In other news, wine fixes many things.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Read that as "at tesco"
    shudder
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Pinno wrote:
    Off to see Fish by choo choo.
    You've tracked down Fishbot? Good work there Lewis.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Quite a nasty hangover today considering the amount I drank. Was a good night though. Busy here as my customers are slowly working out that I am actually back, not sure who told them. Had to drive in today as I've blagged an air con unit to take round for the old man. Unfortunately he's not doing so well and isn't eating now, I'm hoping if we can get him more comfortable he might get a bit of appetite.
    Better get on with some work I suppose...
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Well he does claim to be a sweaty. But why anyone would want to see him, even Piña, is beyond me.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hope you can get your dad comfortable V68. There is that appetite enhancing drug that the government say we can't have. I hear some folk with cancer use it to stimulate the appetite, deal with pain/nausea etc.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hope you can get your dad comfortable V68. There is that appetite enhancing drug that the government say we can't have. I hear some folk with cancer use it to stimulate the appetite, deal with pain/nausea etc.
    Thanks. Indeed, might broach the subject with him, he normally disapproves of that kind of thing though. I believe a couple of drops of the oil a day is all that is needed for medicinal purposes, so I'm told.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

If it were, I would certainly slap him around with a wet fish. There would be some poetry in that. Cod...wallop. Ha ha.

Went to North Queensferry don't you know.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Pinno I know Queensferry in north Wales and that was a heckhole, please tell me North Queensferry is better? Evening all, ducking and diving as you do. V68, hope your dad gets some relief soon. This heat is hard to bear, keep your pecker up.
    Another day at work tomorrow. Leaving early to catch TdF.
    Ecrasez l’infame