sungod Posts: 16,431
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, tdf interspersed with sundry webexes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, hot already , I’ve just been watching a robin attacking a sparrow that tried to get in the bird bath,how strange nature is, early bike ride today before it gets to hot
  • sungod
    gymned, quite sticky out, time for a stroll to get my inyt then cafe beckons, i shall feast on berries and pain au choc, and read calvin and hobbes
  • STSAY OUT OF THE SUN!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH as no kids, so work can be done. Dog is dead after running around chasing me on the mtb

Later is a run to a pub far(ish) away
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Slightly cooler today, however I suspect that today’s ride will yet again will be a very sweaty fly blown affair.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ning

Boss' bike was downstairs when I got in but boss is nowhere to be seen.

Won't have trouble staying out of the sun as I'm in the office, and there's thick black cloud in the sky anyway. Someone saw me cleaning my bike at the weekend and some rain.

And the tubeless puncture fairy's back from her few weeks of leave.
  • sungod
    STSAY OUT OF THE SUN!
    except between 1100-1500, which is best basking time
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

just about to take The Hound for a walk then go to the gym then lie in my hammock.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    STSAY OUT OF THE SUN!

dont-let-the-sun-go-down-dagsson-small.png?resize=253%2C354

I dunno, anyway.

Melty already out sticky tar an what not the elderly out in force obeying the met office warning while cursing at the heat. Drove in today as I elected to take the hound in she can enjoy the aircon at least though currently shes lying in the sun staring at the Geese.
    Later will be very little going on may do a bbq try not to set fire to the lawn/hay pile of a garden, Pimms?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On a train into town after doing a spot of wfh. An afternoon of relative tedium awaits, followed by an evening of tedium as the auditors are taking us out for dinner. On the plus side it's free and its a steak restaurant.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cloudy and damp where we were this morning, so we've come to a honey farm. I like honey...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    hopkinb wrote:
    I like honey...

That hardly surprised me Winnie. Just don't get stuck at Kanga's house.

Cloudy but humid up here in the land of the inbetweeners. I suppose it is officially Jockland. Cannot see Boro from here.

Swimming, a spot of shopping :roll: , coffee and cake is on the cards today.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Pimms? Shopping? What has happened to this place?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Cloudy and damp where we were this morning, so we've come to a honey farm. I like honey...
    How did you post that with your head stuck in a large pot of honey?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    How did you post that with your head stuck in a large pot of honey?
    :D
    I don't really have much of a sweet tooth, but I make an exception for honey. I now have 2 different jars, and a jar of marmalade spiked with honey.
    Having a cold beer watching the sun glisten on the bay and listening to sheep go baaaaaaaa.
  • sungod
    honeycomb, crusty bread, bit of butter, nom
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

...on a thick slice of fresh granary.
  • pinno
    Where's that Phil98473487 bloke? Doesn't he want tyres?

I could always sell them to Bungle.
  • tlw1
    Cider in pub far from home (ok 3 miles) is Good, just a shame they aren’t serving food
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

...on a thick slice of fresh granary.

They were doing this at the honey farm. £2.50. £3 with a toasted tea cake.

Cream tea with honeycomb rather than jam for a fiver.

Just went for dinner, fcuk me, the waitresses were utterly delicious in gauzy black dress/camel toe leggings. I may have overtipped.
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    Cider in pub far from home (ok 3 miles) is Good, just a shame they aren’t serving food
    Crisps? Nuts? Scratchings?
  • hopkinb
    20180724_210219.jpg
    Sundown with a sundowner.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Pimms? Shopping? What has happened to this place?
    Don’t worry I’m back and won’t be partaking in any of that nonsense. About to have a cold beer and get stuff ready for tomorrow. First day at work after nearly 3 weeks will be tough, the ride in will be slow.
    Piña if you sell tyres to Bungle you will have to offer a fitting service. Hopper, any pictures of said waitresses and their norks?
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hopper, any pictures of said waitresses and their norks?
    Unfortunately not. Mrs H3 has the right hump with me for the tip. Says the honey-coloured blonde beauties dress like that to make the sad old men go googly-eyed and give them money.

I didn't have much to say to that.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Having a cold beer watching the sun glisten on the bay and listening to sheep go baaaaaaaa.
    As they say in Wales:
    "How was it for you darling?"
    "Maa-aa-aa-aa-rvelous"
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Sounds like the Shropshire League of Gentlemen:
    "Are you local?"
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    ciao

just about to take The Hound for a walk then go to the gym then lie in my hammock.
    Hang on...account hacked?
    Must have been as he hasn't referred to his/herself in the 3rd at all in this post :|
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    Where's that Phil98473487 bloke? Doesn't he want tyres?

I could always sell them to Bungle.
    He might cancel the order 3 times.
  • Stevo_666
    Sniper68 wrote:
    ciao

Hang on...account hacked?
    Must have been as he hasn't referred to his/herself in the 3rd at all in this post :|
    These Nucking Futters are quite unpredictable. That's why we like to put them in padded cells and straitjackets.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Crisps? Nuts? Scratchings?
    Crisps then rang the local to keep the kitchen staff on till late