First time at Revolution Bike Park and it certainly lived up to the hype! (4K Gimbal POV)

sprinter2012
sprinter2012 Posts: 88
edited July 2018 in Your pics and vids
This was my first time at Revolution Bike Park and it definitely lived up to the hype! I can’t explain how steep some of the trails at this place are, they aren’t kidding when they say it’s the nearest you’ll get to riding the Alps without leaving the UK!

The whole site was absolutely bone dry which is apparently unheard of for Revs! Although 3pm onwards on the first day I was there was an absolute washout but things were dry again for next visit 2 days later.

All runs are indexed in the video description if you’re looking for a particular run etc.

9H2hith.jpg
Subscribe on YouTube or follow on Instagram

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    That Ghetto Track looks scary. :shock:
  • That Ghetto Track looks scary. :shock:

Interesting that everyone is commenting how bad Ghetto Track looks, I actually preferred that over the red run as my 'go to' bottom half descent!
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    I see. So this is what 'mountain bikes' are for.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Looks ace....how “jumpy” is it? I’m happy with fast, steep and technical but generally prefer to keep my wheels on the ground....have done all the reds and blues at BPW, is this similar?
  • JGTR wrote:
    Looks ace....how “jumpy” is it? I’m happy with fast, steep and technical but generally prefer to keep my wheels on the ground....have done all the reds and blues at BPW, is this similar?

Even on a run like Freeride which is jumps from start to finish, the airtime isn't compulsory. You're 'supposed' to jump the tables, but you could get at least to the middle section without ever leaving the ground if you really wanted to.

If you like fast, steep and technical then Revs is 100% the place for you. But be aware the grading is not bigged up for wow factor, when they say there's nothing below a red grading they really mean it! lol
  • mamil314 wrote:
    I see. So this is what 'mountain bikes' are for.

Yer I rocked up on my 170mm Radon Swoop and was one of the 'smallest' bikes there, Revolution themselves recommend full DH rigs for their trails and I can see why now. :shock: Although if you stick to the reds and the 'easier' blacks it's very rideable on an Enduro type bike.
  • Couple of picture from Revs too, this was really the only one I took that even came close to showing a true perspective of how big the jumps on the 50/1 line look.

I think the jump pictured here is 9a (25ft Shark Fin) which believe it or not is one of the smaller jumps on the run!

Pkv03me.jpg

yF0UNbJ.jpg