monday wandering the food halls in search of pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office and continental brekkie, probably should do something while i'm there, need to send one of my lot on a mission to arab land to investigate some stuff

will soon be time stock up on tubs, port and bubbly, just in case supplies become scarce next year following the great debacle
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a lovely and bright start to the week, a nice morning for a bike ride believe it or not
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh after a great weekend

Rugrats are off to my parents later so I’ve no excuse for not going to the running club with the current wife
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    I seem to have what looks to be the hottest week of the year off work. Some might think that is lucky but I'm really not a hot weather person. With that in mind today's ride started just after 5am and now it's time for a second breakfast before shopping for bike bits online and hiding in the shade with a book or two.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Warm again, it was 22 degrees at 2 am today. I will attempt a bike ride if I can get to the garage without breaking out in sweat.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Slightly warmer here today. Still recovering after yesterday's epic wobble.
    Packing for hols in a land far far away. Well, about 3 hours drive but as they say; 'a change is as good as arrest'.

Phil93487593 never got back to me on the Michelin's :roll: Bloody part time bracketeer.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning all, lovely weekend on the bike after Fridays rain. Noticed some amusing things such as where its bee so hot and tar road tar melted where hays come off the tractors its now partially sunk into said melted tar. Also noticed I need new tyres though the loud hissing sound was a give away so long vittoria Corsa G's was fun!

Office is somewhat sweaty today so ive done some super fudging and made a personal aircon unit with a USB desk fan and USB fridge. Gutted the peltier cooler an sat the cold side behind the fan, lovely!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just been for wander through tye fields with The Hound and its utterly lovely.

now to chill with tdv and bambino.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Step83 wrote:
    Also noticed I need new tyres though the loud hissing sound was a give away so long vittoria Corsa G's was fun! !

Do you want some tyres or what?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Packing for hols in a land far far away. Well, about 3 hours drive but as they say; 'a change is as good as arrest'.
    Middlesbrough?

Good ride in this morning though I was sweating a bit by time I got to the underground car park at the office. Not half as much as I'll be sweating on the way home this evening, mind. Now stuffing my face before the advisors come in for their annual review meeting. Ammunition at the ready...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Also noticed I need new tyres though the loud hissing sound was a give away so long vittoria Corsa G's was fun! !

Do you want some tyres or what?!

Solved that one, picked up some Schwalbe One V guard thingys from the local while acquiring cake and a cold beverage, they do cold brew coffee, not sure I trust such things, they appear to be from the realms of bearded skinny jean wearing weirdos.

Also, roads are melting, 33.5c think I'll sit in the fridge later, dog will no doubt want to join me poor bugger.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Down in Devon after a reasonable drive down. A couple of hours on the beach listening to the gits bicker and watching the idiot dog keep drinking sea water. Quick trip to the chippy and then sitting around waiting for bed. Surfing/body boarding tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Now in Metz. Not much to recommend it other than it being on the way home and a convenient place to stop. Off in search of scoff shortly. Back to the UK tomorrow, assuming they’re still letting foreigners in. Oh no, it’s alright as I have a British passport.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Whose bright idea was it on this non working day to faff about all morning then head out on a 3 hour lumpy bits ride at 1pm on a 'kin hot day? Oh, mine. That was hot. But was lovely. I like summer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    Down in Devon after a reasonable drive down. A couple of hours on the beach listening to the gits bicker and watching the idiot dog keep drinking sea water. Quick trip to the chippy and then sitting around waiting for bed. Surfing/body boarding tomorrow.
    Did you mean to say gits or kids? :)

You're in Devon so your strategy is clear - find a good local pub that sells some variety of deadly nightshade scrumpy - the sort that doesn't immediately pour out of the glass when you tip it up - and get stuck in. Gits, dog and wife will soon not seem like a problem.

PS: we'll be down in Devon in two and a half weeks' time and I intend to practice what I preach :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Got out for a ride and probably lost 3lbs in sweat but gained 4lbs in thunder bugs that decided to land and die on me. Is there a purpose to these things.