Swollen sit bones :/

sarequads
sarequads Posts: 18
My bum either side of my perineum (upper leg, lower bum) is badly swollen, more on the right than the left. At the worst point its possibly 10x the size its meant to be with the inflammation. No discolouration, quite bad pain. Should I ice? I commute to work, 12km each way, 5x days per week so its difficult to take time off from riding. I want to shop for a new saddle but not sure if its worth doing while its so bad. I wear clean and fresh bib shorts, shamy cream, ive had a bike fit, riding since oct 2016, it pretty much always been uncomfortable and has slowly gotten worse since then. Im going to book a doctors appointment. Any suggestions? Should I ice?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Sounds like it may be ischial bursitis - so a visit to the docs may be useful.
  • MarkusW
    MarkusW Posts: 3
    Ouch, if you’re commuting on a road bike it might be worth swapping to a mountain or urban bike for a few weeks or putting on the largest tyres on your road bike you can get away with.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    MarkusW wrote:
    Ouch, if you’re commuting on a road bike it might be worth swapping to a mountain or urban bike for a few weeks or putting on the largest tyres on your road bike you can get away with.

That won't help, unfortunately. It won't offset the pressure of his sitbones on the saddle, which is the main issue..