thursday so put down your books and pick up a gun, we're gonna have a whole lotta fun

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, more uninterrupted tdf eurosporting

gimme a k
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sun shining, bambina off school, final bit of new frame researching before hopefully purchasing tonight.

Bit of chilling in the sun, couple of very small chores and a pedal with the same said aforementioned B.

Looks like it could be an excellent one.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Early than normal start as grandson wanted breakfast at seven. Currently watching Octonaughts or something, will need to do something a bit more active later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wish I had known about my meeting today with the biggest cheese before I went to the pub last night
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Wish I had known about my meeting today with the biggest cheese before I went to the pub last night

:shock:

Did he/she enjoy the smell of stale booze, bloodshot eyes and shaking hands? Or did you stay off the scrumpy last night? Talking of scrumpy - I had a couple of pints at the weekend at the food market behind the Festival Hall. £3 a pint, 6% ABV. Proper loony juice, it hides the alcoholic heft very well.

I blew the remaining cobwebs from last night away by riding in and having a sausage baguette for breakfast.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    final bit of new frame researching before hopefully purchasing tonight.

Metal or plastic? What are you getting?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    final bit of new frame researching before hopefully purchasing tonight.

Metal or plastic? What are you getting?

Hopefully - if they are still in stock in my size - plastic Italian aero loveliness. Don’t want to jinx it so no names being revealed yet but stuck between getting a 56 and the last 58: am currently umming and arrring as I am trying to match the geometry to my beloved sacred beautiful Soloist and n1 bike.

I just fancy an aero bike to run alongside everything else.

If I could have got a race geo Planet X to job that would have been cool but I’m not old enough for their sports touring geo.

If it all comes together tonight I’ll pop a post on tomorrow. If it doesn’t I’ll blow all my wedge on blow and ho.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW: the George Best of the automotive industry.

Trying to juggle x,y and z. I can only do 2 things proficiently but which 2? Perhaps I will have wasted so much time deciding, prevaricating, i'll only manage 1.

Weather is good though. Wobble tomorrow.

You haven't been away much recently MF and what underlines that, is that you are in the singular and therefore on an even keel.
    This then poses the problem: On the one hand I as a tax payer, feel that am not getting value for money but you on the other hand may have reached an assemblance of balance that any 'excursion' would compromise.
    So can I weigh up the pro's of the altruistic against the benefits of your duties in the field?

Further and in retrospect, a stable MF doesn't go on provocative 'recce's to other parts of the forum.
    Do I prefer the calm or do I like the disruption?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning
    Early than normal start as grandson wanted breakfast at seven. Currently watching Octonaughts or something, will need to do something a bit more active later.

Octonauts utterly utterly rocks. We used to be an Octonaut household and whenever it was on it was obligatory for Bambini and me to immediately drop whatever we were doing and watch it.

TDV would look at us in disdaine and make comments along the line of me being a perpetual twatt but I would then set the MFs on her to Hound her back to the sink where women belong.*

* naturally this is nothing I would ever say within ear shot of her as she is harder than me and the MFs and would kick every genital we own into next door’s garden before hitting them with hammers and setting fire to them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Trying to juggle x,y and z. I can only do 2 things proficiently but which 2? Perhaps I will have wasted so much time deciding, prevaricating, i'll only manage 1.

Weather is good though. Wobble tomorrow.

You haven't been away much recently MF and what underlines that, is that you are in the singular and therefore on an even keel.
    This then poses the problem: On the one hand I as a tax payer, feel that am not getting value for money but you on the other hand may have reached an assemblance of balance that any 'excursion' would compromise.
    So can I weigh up the pro's of the altruistic against the benefits of your duties in the field?

Further and in retrospect, a stable MF doesn't go on provocative 'recce's to other parts of the forum.
    Do I prefer the calm or do I like the disruption?

Laters.

The MFs and I have found ourselves in a carmic situation, with our planets aligning and the feeeling of perpetual yet temporary stability within our Ying and yangs. The positional status of others within the forum has also settled and we have all decided that yes, maybe it does need livening up but we need to choose our time and direction.

We are all meant to be away at the moment but due to schizzle that is occurring at FORTRESS MF we’re here.

Received patrols are occurring through other areas of the forum but, tbh, it’s all a bit bland out there atm. PO FACE is particularly sky worshipper happy, there’s a few standard questions kicking about elsewhere and MileMuncher is being the standard class1 bell he is, no nothing new.

The MFs have decided, however, that a somewhat non pro vocational foray into enemy held threads may be necessary just to liven this place up a tad.

Calmness can only lead so far - sometimes CONFUSION and TERROR are needed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Back in the office today after some krypton factor antics yesterday in a roof.
    Tried to do some interval training on the way to work but was tired, and ran out of road after 2.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb wrote:
    Talking of scrumpy - I had a couple of pints at the weekend at the food market behind the Festival Hall. £3 a pint, 6% ABV. Proper loony juice, it hides the alcoholic heft very well.
    6% ABV - lightweight :) I've got some Weston's Vintage waiting for me in the fridge.

I drove into work this morning and for the first time ever it only took exactly the same time as on a bike or public transport - probably because I was on the road at 6.20am. Busy day as it always is when I try to take the Friday off as all the stupid questions come out of the woodwork at the last minute. Will have to teflon desk a few before headed North the other side of rush hour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Interested to see what you go for Matt, my Px is looking a little sorry with paint/topcoat coming away around the headset and brake mounts I could sand it back but I'm tempted with a new frameset.

I know what you mean though about the Px sports geo its very odd, I mainly fit but it was bit awkward to dial in. To me they seem geared more for long legs so you end up with low looking saddles.
    Trying not to look an Cinelli's, must be good an not use the fact I can get a BC discount on them still.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Lovely and sunny here. Big lunch with a mate at the butcher‘s in Panzano. Now chilling by the pool before dinner with my friends that run the local bar and wine shop. I certainly won’t be the one choosing the wine tonight.
    Last day down here tomorrow before heading to Verona for a couple of days.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

:shock:

Did he/she enjoy the smell of stale booze, bloodshot eyes and shaking hands? Or did you stay off the scrumpy last night?
    It was a cider night
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    I think v68 will disagree
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Interested to see what you go for Matt, my Px is looking a little sorry with paint/topcoat coming away around the headset and brake mounts I could sand it back but I'm tempted with a new frameset.

I know what you mean though about the Px sports geo its very odd, I mainly fit but it was bit awkward to dial in. To me they seem geared more for long legs so you end up with low looking saddles.
    Trying not to look an Cinelli's, must be good an not use the fact I can get a BC discount on them still.

Thing is, PX are such good value - my Team Superlight is going strong and looks really nice in that light metallic blue they did after many years of abuse.

Thing I'm looking at is a couple of mm here and there out from the Soloist so 99% sure it'll be pukka mint fine but you know when you have that doubt and it just creeps into your mind and you know that it'll only be solved when you open that big brown cardboard box but by then its all too late.

Yup - that is what is happening at FORTRESS MF as we speak......

Hopefully I will be able to post here later today.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I’ve certainly been giving it a good go the last few months whilst TLW has had periods of abstinence.
    I’m more concerned Piña thinks he can do two things proficiently. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I’ve certainly been giving it a good go the last few months whilst TLW has had periods of abstinence.
    I’m more concerned Piña thinks he can do two things proficiently. :lol:
    Pinno is claiming that he's a tax payer - that should make you suspicious for a start :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike purchase has fallen through - was going to be a De Rosa SLK Pinanfarina in the sale at CRC but then the price went from cheap to oooooohhhh that's a bit expensive in the colour I wanted in the click of a mouse. £500 increase in one click. Meant that it wasn't really a bargain just a very expensive bike that I didn't need just neeeeeeeed. if you know what I mean.

GUTTED.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170