tuesday next stop is vietnam, and it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,523
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, maybe, cafe, for sure, gmc, possibly

gimme a u
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overnight rain so no need to water the garden this morning, I’ve been asked if I want two weeks work in August, not really sure about that, will think about it whilst out cycling
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Dog walked, porridge consumed and now off for a longish commute for meeting with full on geeks
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    TLW1 wrote:
    Dog walked, porridge consumed and now off for a longish commute for meeting with full on geeks
    Meeting with tax advisors today?

On the train, not too many meetings planned apart from a bit of brexitty stuff and then a couple of beers after work. Looks promising :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Thunderstorms last night first rain for a couple of months. Physio yesterday thought I’d just over done it with my shoulder and to take it easy for a week or so. Today will be a walk on the Moors with old climbing mates, so tomorrow could be some new aches and pains :D
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    For those that are interested in astronomy. As the night skies are clear, if you look south/south east from 11ish you can see Mars. The closest it will be to Earth until 2035. Then panning to the right and due South is Saturn, which is beautifully tilted so that if you have a telescope you can just make out the gap between the rings and the planet. And finally to the South East is Jupiter with 3 of its moons visible (I think). And of course as the sun descends below the horizon earlier in the evening you can see Venus.
    Quite a rare occasion to easily see 4 of our distant neighbours with the naked eye in the space of an hour.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning

Got some new laces last night so I was able to ride a proper bike this morning.
    Roads covered in crud from last night's thunderstorms, 12 months worth of crap washed down the road into nice tidy piles.
    TT this evening if I can be bothered.
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Quite a rare occasion to easily see 4 of our distant neighbours with the naked eye in the space of an hour.
    Shame there's no decent prime day deals on telescopes to see Saturn's rings.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,323
    Are we playing Blockbusters SG?

Why don't you have an upside down cake?

Me chasing up bits me to curry favour with local mechanic so he'll get on with a short bit of fuel pipe for Old New banger. Then possibly drive 25 miles down the road to get air-con re-charged. Not that I think that will fix it but at least it will eliminate one of at least, oooh, 15 other possibilities.
    Must chase up IBC purchaser. He wants a 'chat'?!

|Need to ditch the Sidi Genius 5's for something.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Just had a slice of bilberry tart and a black filter coffee. Civilised elevenses.
    Also just booked 4 nights in Croyde, North Devon next week. Hopefully a good way to relax into the 6 weeks off before I start the new job.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, boss interfering with plans with his equivalent in another company, me and my equivalent not told, muchos frustration. Normal day really, was quite enjoying him being on holiday.

Tomorrow is my last day this week as we are off down to Yorkshire for the GF's Grandad's funeral, which thankfully she is actually quite excited about. I think she is looking forward to seeing family and her friend (who has just got engaged) rather than the funeral itself but I don't know, so long as she seems happy enough. I just want to ride my new bike, rain forecast tonight and no bike til Sunday is not good.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not that bad, auditors
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not that bad, auditors
    That's even worse.

It's easy to spot a good auditor - it's one that says 'yes'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not that bad, auditors
    That's even worse.

Just had the blank look and then said they understood :)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not that bad, auditors
    That's even worse.

Just had the blank look and then said they understood :)
    That's the standard response when they're trying to audit tax.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's even worse.

Ours were only interested in how we sort/store our recycling, not actually in how we do stuff (it was a 9001 audit not 14001)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's even worse.

Ours were only interested in how we sort/store our recycling, not actually in how we do stuff (it was a 9001 audit not 14001)
    The ones me and TLW are talking about are a lower form of life - ones that audit numbers. I scraped one off the sole of my shoe just the other day.