monday and it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for? don't ask me, i don't give a damn

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafes, office, stuff, gimme an f etc.

weather looking like it's going to take a dive
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , another sunny start to the day, I have a feeling Jane will want me to take her to the garden centre today, she has been looking at summer houses
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Meh, impromptu party at a mates last night has made Monday worse
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    A bit cloudy here, just finishing one of many coffees. Later will be a bit of cleaning, shopping, a bike ride and a trip to the physio and the vets.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, misty wet morning here but it's brightening up. First ride on the Argon yesterday, hopefully if it dries up for later I'll get out for 100km and see if I can actually sustain the aggressive position for more than an hour... I would post a pic but bikes in size hobbit look silly.

Having the chimneys swept this afternoon (not a euphemism) so I'm WFH this afternoon. Might be able to get out on the bike early
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Sunday's bad luck has carried over to this morning.
    Laces snapped in bike shoes so went for the flat pedalled bike, which had spontaneously pinch flatted while in the porch over the weekend: I'd forgotten the rim tape on the wheel I'd rebuilt and amazingly had lasted 2 rides without it.
    Changing room at work is full of clothes, towels and other crap even though there was only me cycling in, someone's even nicked my spot while I was off for a couple of days. We need a bonfire once the wildfire risk is back to normal.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Thought I saw you this morning, but I'm guessing not.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Thought I saw you this morning, but I'm guessing not.
    Nope - local branch today.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    There seem to be so many impromptu parties in Shropshire that people are going to start thinking these are 'car keys in the bowl' type parties :)

Decent sleep and nice sunny pedal in - will be a sweaty return trip this evening. Stropteen still away so peace still reigns at home and even Stressbag is less stressed than normal. Even work is quite peaceful as the Euro crowd have started heading for the beach now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    There seem to be so many impromptu parties in Shropshire that people are going to start thinking these are 'car keys in the bowl' type parties :)
    :)
    Nope just lots of drinkers with kids
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I suppose you need the drink to cope with the kids.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bambina on school hols, so nicely chilled out day. Accomplished nothing, so perfect really.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I reckon the drink is to keep the kids busy while their parents go at it like ferrets in a sack. :shock: :wink::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I reckon the drink is to keep the kids busy while their parents go at it like ferrets in a sack. :shock: :wink::lol:
    :D

Life in the countryside, eh. Could explain the prevalence of large ears and small chins etc.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Good wobble today. That is; for a man in my condition.
    Now stuffing my face with Nutella and toast.

Must go pick a Mann WK726 for the Old new banger. Oi, matey - wtf has happened to the parts prices? I paid £80 more for a Bosch fuel pump than I should have at one of your branches.

Later will be odd jobs, fitting filter and kicking the dust.

Need to shift 52 IBC's. Kerching. Also need a pet sitter.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

cafes, office, stuff, gimme an f etc.

weather looking like it's going to take a dive

:D
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Moving out here soon then :lol:
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Moving out here soon then :lol:
    Stevo might be confusing you with the Sodom and Gomorrah that is Cheshire. There is actually a small hamlet in Denbighshire called Sodom. Which is in Wales. Hmmm...
    Attended work today. I reckon if you send one email at work per day it counts as work. At the moment I don’t mind work because my office has air con. And I had a pension statement through. I’m worth a bit more dead than alive to the present Mrs BBGeek, so I made dinner.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I’m worth a bit more dead than alive to the present Mrs BBGeek, so I made dinner.

Do you honestly think that will be sufficient?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!