edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, bask, turn over a few times
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    You beat me to it by 1 minute!

No idea why I'm awake at this hour and its too warm to get back to sleep.

Local food festival later. May as well start walking, got plenty of time to get there.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    The joys of an 80s festival in town today with friends - I ferkin hate 80s music
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    The joys of an 80s festival in town today with friends - I ferkin hate 80s music
    I'm on my way! Well I would do if we weren't going to the food festival, sounds like a laugh.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , summers back , dog walked, shopping shopped, bike ride next followed by some relaxing
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    TLW1 wrote:
    I'm on my way! Well I would do if we weren't going to the food festival, sounds like a laugh.
    Do it!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looks a bit sungoddy again. Tennis with mini, a plate of eggs Benedict for me, then shade seeking until a visit to Brixton's finest eaterie this evening with Mrs H3.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    lovely riding weather, though a hint of sogginess on some roads

could have been spoiled by fawning brexiters giving up control of our roads for the lying cowardly tax evading fraudster, but i rose above it by cunningly doing double hill repeats and eschewing the usual laps (hint, avoid regent's park)

i see a large beef and horseradish sourdough baguette in my future, followed by much basking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Slow start. Got a succession of workmen round, yesterday was lopping trees etc, today is getting the broken flags on the drive sorted. Got a few jobs to get through as well at some point and may watch the footy if I have time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Sunny but a touch breezy here. No new aches and pains to report, just the old ones. Not sure what to do with myself today. Might have to go for a ride.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Late start, slept in, luxury.

Picked up new car, a fun little gadget to punt about. Sod all else achieved.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Blimey, is it Saturday already. Picked the lad up from the airport yesterday and had a bit of a meander. Another family have arrived and are staying in the next apartment.
    Anyone got a few million to spend? There’s a small village across the way up for sale. It’s got a few houses, a church and a castle. It’s was done up as a tourist place a few years back but went belly up. Unfortunately the vineyards have been sold separately.
    Forgot to say, finally went back to the Eroica shop in Gaiole. All the old bikes that belong to the organisers have been moved and there were loads of overpriced hipster t shirts.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Anyone got a few million to spend? There’s a small village across the way up for sale. It’s got a few houses, a church and a castle. It’s was done up as a tourist place a few years back but went belly up. Unfortunately the vineyards have been sold separately.
    No vineyards, no deal :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Food festival was fun. Bought loads of cheeses, some trout sausages and combined lamb/pork/beef/venison sausage but passed on the squirrel steak as it was quite pricey.

Cleaned my MTB chain/cassette this afternoon (instead of the 80s festival) which ended up including modifying a suspension lever with araldite and taking a hub to bits just out of curiosity.

Discovered:
    - Hub has never been cleaned or serviced
    - 1 out of 4 bearings has been replaced, even though the others need replacing
    - Several spokes have links in them (possibly second hand)
    - The lockout lever is the wrong one, and it's connected up back to front anyway

Add that to the spherical bearings swapped for bushes, and the "just replaced" pivot bearings which were shot.
    Apparently the guy I bought the bike from knew what he was doing.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

utterly lovely day - sun shining, bambina's birthday, lots of food and wine and the MFs behaved themselves.

new frameset in basket - exciting!

currently watching "the post" with meryl streep and drinking vino rosso.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.