hopefully the end of the cold snap is in sight
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, job finished home for lunchtime and the tdf
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH so I’ve got time to go out on the MTB with the dog and I don’t need to worry about traffic for getting back in time for the game

Neighbour is having a party later, so should be fun
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    A couple small trees chopped down so builder can get at the wall. Plan to dig out roots on hold as back is now fu*ked.
    I think the most I can manage for the rest day will be tour watching.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Morning, job finished home for lunchtime and the tdf
    Are there other sports on apart from the football?

Quiet in here isn't it. Good evening out with friends down from Banjo country last night, just feel a bit tired now but all is not lost as the office will be unofficially closing a bit early this evening. Apart from that, Stropteen is off on her orchestra tour to Croatia and Slovenia first thing on Friday morning, so tonight's result could make things interesting on the first leg of the tour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lunch with advisors near Bond Street. I can confirm that this pineapple mousse was delicious.
    20180711_134202.jpg
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Fancy schmancy, I had chicken and rice.

Beer has been bought, chillie ingredients are ready for fettling and mates are primed. In an ideal world I'd have made the chillie last night but as we only decided to do something at 11 o'clock I'll just add more wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Another lazy day for us, went for lunch with a mate then stopped for an ice cream on the way back. Other than that chilling by the pool, occasional cloud this afternoon meant it was a bit cooler.
    Saw the old man cycling with one leg again today, climbing the hill into the village quicker than most with a full complement of limbs. I suppose he is carrying less weight so it could be considered cheating by some. Serious respect to that man.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    hopkinb wrote:
    Lunch with advisors near Bond Street. I can confirm that this pineapple mousse was delicious.
    20180711_134202.jpg
    If that is a certain advisor's in-house dining room then I know where you were.

Bagged a seat on a rather packed train as it's the last one the will get me back before kick off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    hopkinb wrote:
    20180711_134202.jpg
    looks good, is it a biscuity thing it stands on?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    20180711_134202.jpg
    looks good, is it a biscuity thing it stands on?
    Aye, bit of shortbread. Bits of pineapple "confit" in the mousse.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Evening all, thought I’d weigh in as Stevo said itwas quiet:
    sungod: yep cold. Mrs BBgeek wore a cardigan this afternoon. I wore socks with my shorts, as an Englishman would never allow anyone to see his ankles.
    Lincolndave: yep, “working from home” this pip emma
    TLW1: no mtb, hope the dog had fun, no party at my neighbours ‘cos he’s a twatterism
    Oxoman: congrats on your nipper’s birthday, and I hope you had some ales to celebrate
    V68: love your old man story. Awesome and inspirational.
    Homers double: more wine is always good
    Webboo: tree chopping is good, hope you enjoyed the Tdf. I spent the time doing the ironing.
    Hopkins: hope you had a nice lunch, I love pineapple
    Stevo: hope young Stevo jnr has a good time abroad making new friends and having fun
    Hope I’ve covered everyone. Night all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    oxoman wrote:
    You missed one thing. Most of the country about to commit hari kiri for some reason.
    was there a brexit?