Mechanical Doping update

1394041424345»

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    There are some systems in existence that don’t use something that emits enough heat to look ‘unusual’ ( a form of kinetic energy recovery system ) if anyone / team, has one on their bike(s) Id be amazed, but stranger things have happened at sea, especially if a shed load of money is available.
    Energy = heat, I don’t think there’s any way round it
    Well not exactly, the heat is a byproduct of an inefficient system. Like lightbulb are designed to emit light but also emit a bit of heat (much less since we moved to LED)
    But yeah it's hard to see what motors don't give out any heat... and they are also x raying bikes, which would be game over.

Only X raying the bike that makes it to the finish.

So gain an advantage with a motor and throw it away with a bike change ? And where does the team car nip off to along the route with its e bike on ? Hides behind a bush ?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    A very competent XC rider, who isn’t a great road rider, suddenly starts skinning world champions, on the road. He’s physically / biologically ‘unusual’, but not that unusual. The only thing that counts in his favour, is that the other riders, are in teams, that are a relative shower of s
    I’m afraid your use of punctuation make it very difficult to understand what you’re talking about.
    I realize it’s a madcap theory, but could you spell it out in a more understandable way please?
  • cougie
    I think he's saying Froome has a motor ? He did race XC before the road ?

So presumably Hoy and co had the motors too ? Brailsford brought the track squad from zeros to heros too.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

To be fair, I don’t really care. There are ways around the system, apply the ‘duck test’ if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are, it’s a duck. I really don’t like Sky, I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. Only time will tell, if it’s ‘tin hat’ tine or not.
    The problem is it doesn't look or quack look a duck. You are holding up a tube of toothpaste and shouting "Behold the duck". You may very well believe it's a duck, but it isn't.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    RichN95 wrote:

To be fair, I don’t really care. There are ways around the system, apply the ‘duck test’ if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are, it’s a duck. I really don’t like Sky, I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. Only time will tell, if it’s ‘tin hat’ tine or not.
    The problem is it doesn't look or quack look a duck. You are holding up a tube of toothpaste and shouting "Behold the duck". You may very well believe it's a duck, but it isn't.

The confusion is understandable if it's a tube of Quaquafresh. :D
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    If there is something odd, it will most likely be hidden in the free hub or possibly in the bottom bracket. It would be easier to cover up something in the free hub, by getting a ‘puncture’ just before the end of any stage it’s employed in, and changing wheels.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Dude, get thee hence to The Clinic and join the happy clappy people.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    If there is something odd, it will most likely be hidden in the free hub or possibly in the bottom bracket. It would be easier to cover up something in the free hub, by getting a ‘puncture’ just before the end of any stage it’s employed in, and changing wheels.
    Ah, so that’s the most likely scenario. So it’s employed a lot then? I must admit I’ve lost count of the number of times Froome and other riders have stopped 500m from the finish to swap wheels to hide the motors.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    larkim wrote:
    Ah, so that’s the most likely scenario. So it’s employed a lot then? I must admit I’ve lost count of the number of times Froome and other riders have stopped 500m from the finish to swap wheels to hide the motors.
    Maybe they have a hidden GPS, that'll make them faster.
  • cougie
    Quintana replaced both wheels yesterday. He's obviously running double motors...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    cougie wrote:
    Quintana replaced both wheels yesterday. He's obviously running double motors...

An interesting strategy, though possibly needs some work on the execution.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    gsk82 wrote:
    Sky have super special invisible, weightless cooling systems so the motor doesn't show up. They come from the same factory as the invisibly, ultra thin biomechanical pistons they have inside their shorts.

That's just stupid I'm afraid - Sky have obviously bred a race of micro pixies that sneak into the Shimano factory and crawl inside the wheels as they are being made - when they sense through their integrated bluetooth mind sensors that Froomes heart rate is going too high then they all run around the wheel generating instant thrust. I have heard that they have to wear tinfoil hat's and jackets so they don't show up on the iPad heat sensor thingies.......
  • milemuncher1
    cougie wrote:
    Many a true word spoken in jest.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    So you really think it's a possibility that a pure climber running in the peleton on a flat stage 3.5km from the end would have been running a motor which meant that they were guaranteed to lose over a minute through getting rid of said motors? You must be just giggling at the fact we're even responding to your trolling drivel!!
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • cougie
    Genius Idea for Quintana to leave his powered wheels with the neutral Mavic service. They'd never spot anything
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    larkim wrote:
    So you really think it's a possibility that a pure climber running in the peloton on a flat stage 3.5km from the end would have been running a motor which meant that they were guaranteed to lose over a minute through getting rid of said motors? You must be just giggling at the fact we're even responding to your trolling drivel!!

:lol::lol:
  • milemuncher1
    larkim wrote:
    So you really think it's a possibility that a pure climber running in the peloton on a flat stage 3.5km from the end would have been running a motor which meant that they were guaranteed to lose over a minute through getting rid of said motors? You must be just giggling at the fact we're even responding to your trolling drivel!!

It would need to be a ‘stage 19’, where you know without a ‘miraculous intervention’ you’re getting your arse handed to you. I doubt they’d ever run it routinely. Someone is going to snitch, sooner or later.
  • milemuncher1
    cougie wrote:
    Genius Idea for Quintana to leave his powered wheels with the neutral Mavic service. They'd never spot anything

Quintana is Movistar, not Sky. I know they aren’t exactly 100 percent behind him, but they wouldn’t throw him under the bus.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    You know there is a big cycle race going on at the moment, perhaps some might like to consider commenting on that rather than playing wind up.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Someone is going to snitch, sooner or later.
    “Nurse! Milemuncher has smuggled an iPhone onto the ward again”
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • milemuncher1
    An unusual amount of wheel changes / bike changes today :? News of an easy cheat is going to spread through the peloton like Herpes in Gibraltar.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    An unusual amount of wheel changes / bike changes today :?

Might be to do with the falling off / flat tires though.

Or magic wheel related. On a flat stage. On the 2nd day of the Tour.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cougie
    Have you been out in the sun without a hat again MM ?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Clearly the first precursors of the next level mechanical doping are appearing right beneath our noses. They are not even being subtle about it anymore. Milemuncher was right all along and no one listened! For shame! For shame!

CeramicSpeed_Driven_01-800x533.jpg

For those unaware. That is a new crank with a carbon torque tube directly pinched off Porsche. In it's miniaturized form this first generation delivers about 800 watts for 5 hours and can be powered by the Di2 battery. Milemuncher tried to warn us, if only we had listened. Today marks the end of cycling as we know it, Pretty soon the world will be filled with MAMIL's in full Katusha gear dropping everyone everywhere. They will take our bikes and goods and hear the lamentation of our women.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Saw that earlier, the spiky thing at the back looks like it would do a lot of damage in a crash...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Only time will tell, if it’s ‘tin hat’ tine or not.
    Maybe, but I think we can put in a fairly conclusive interim report right now
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    bompington wrote:
    Only time will tell, if it’s ‘tin hat’ tine or not.
    Maybe, but I think we can put in a fairly conclusive interim report right now

I think there's a potential ATFHF there that he needs to explain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format