2017 TT McGuinness ruled out.

FocusZing
FocusZing Posts: 4,373
edited July 2018 in The cake stop
John McGuinness ruled out of Isle of Man TT with serious injuries after North West 200 crash.

“John has been diagnosed with a compound fracture to his right lower leg, while in theatre on Thursday night it was not possible to plate the leg as initially thought due to the extent of the injury, and tomorrow an external fixator will be fitted,” a Honda Racing statement read on Friday. “In addition, John has also suffered four broken vertebrae and has three broken back ribs, John will wear a cast for up to six weeks in treatment for the vertebrae. John will remain at Royal Victoria Hospital for around one week as part of the recuperation process.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/moto ... 33476.html
Real shame to hear McGuinness out. I really look forward to the coverage of the TT, no BS just racing.

Comments

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Those guys........... Unbelievable. I don't​ whether they're fearless, brave, insane or all three but boy do they know how to handle a motorbike. If you don't get the hairs on your arms standing up whilst watching them race then you're not alive. Chapeau fellas!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gutted, absolutely gutted. McPint is one of my heroes - the TT will be missing him.

Hoping all goes well with his recovery.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    I think that will be it for him. Really sad, but he will remain a living legend for a few decades now.

The TT gets better every year as the young chargers improve and the oldies refuse to retire. Favourite will be Hutchinson, but you really can't call it.

The NW has been good this year. Amazes me to see 4 riders at full speed slipstreaming like made but still lifting the front wheel as they change up.

Must be among the most incredible adrenaline rushes.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    For an international star, McGuinness seems to be a likeable 'normal' bloke and will be missed at the TT. Personally I'd like to see Guy Martin have one win this year (but I fear he won't achieve it)
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Love McGuinness blunt with no airs or grace's,have met him and others at Olivers Mount at Scarborough when you can walk round the pit area,plus side I only live a mile away from the circuit,personally don't think Guy Martin will win one think it's just going to be his fate,these guy's are on a different level when it comes to fear
  • FocusZing
    +5, looking forward to it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Not fussed about Martin to tell the truth - Dunlop vs Hutchison will be good to watch.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FocusZing
    edited May 2017
  • FocusZing
    DAcge8CWAAE8n6v.jpg
    Former MotoGP champion Nicky Hayden has died aged 35, five days after being involved in a crash while cycling. The American suffered "serious cerebral damage" after colliding with a car on the Rimini coastline in Italy on Wednesday, 17 May.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/39972058

Sorry to hear about this. All that time riding on the limit, then this. Bikes are great but you just don't stand a chance against motor vehicles.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Andcp wrote:
    For an international star, McGuinness seems to be a likeable 'normal' bloke and will be missed at the TT. Personally I'd like to see Guy Martin have one win this year (but I fear he won't achieve it)

Was just going to post about Guy! Love the bloke. Wish he would win one.
  • Matthewfalle
    twist83 wrote:
    Andcp wrote:

Was just going to post about Guy! Love the bloke. Wish he would win one.

Errr - not really. Martin just plays the "great guy to be around" act very well.

It wore through a few years ago in many circles. 4 "autobiographies" on its all a bit tedious.

McPint, Dunlops (plural)' Hutchins etc are leagues above.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Gutted. I have a convenient weekend off over race weekend and seriously considered going over, but don't think I will now. I'll go one day, but McPint was a big draw for me. I'll be upset if he were to retire on the back of this but completely understand.

This year's contenders are now Dunlop (M), Hutchy - the most boring man in the world (should have been a snooker player, but to come back from those injuries) and maybe Hickman. Guy's nice enough, but he'd need some serious luck and a bit of misfortune for the others to win one.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • FocusZing
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44754057

Sad to hear about William Dunlop, tough guys and family.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    FocusZing wrote:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44754057

Sad to hear about William Dunlop, tough guys and family.

Dan Kneen was another big loss at this years' TT (also another rider but cant recall his name), but the guys know the risk. William Dunlop lost his Uncle and Father to the road. I'm a great believer in choice, and as long as others don't get hurt by those decisions, then so be it but I think road racing's days are probably going to be numbered before long.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.