Cannondale F-Si Carbon 1 - 2018 REVEIW ?

twedspeed
twedspeed Posts: 130
edited July 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi - I,m after a good independant 2018 reveiw on the "CANNONDALE F-Si CARBON 1" - Ive spent half an hour on Google and the only one I can find is for their top of the range £8000 plus world cup model - Which gets an outstanding reveiw OBV

Sadly Ive not got £8 grand to spend - The one I ,m intrested in is the " CARBON 1" model - But the only info I can find for it is on CANNONDALES own website , and obviously they say its brilliant - but then again they would say that wouldnt they.

So any links to an independent reveiw on the 2018 carbon 1 model , much appreciated - Or even better if anybody on here is riding one , and prepared to give a warts n all expose , Id be mighty intrested to read it.

Idealy I would love to read a "back to back" shootout against the F-Si carbon 1 and a similar specced 2018 epic.

NOTE - Have read the 2016 review - thanks
WHYTE LIGHTNING - CARBON S/L - NOMAD anyone see a patern emerging ????????

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Both of those are top end bikes, which is better I cannot say.

Once you hit the top end with xtr/sram xx componentry, you are paying a lot more for not much benefit function wise, but do save a few grammes.

If your budget stretches that far and you must have new 2018 model then go for it. You won't be disappointed

The only thing about the cannondale is if it has the use save post with single bolt side clamp, I've found that to be a bugger to stop moving on hits, but then I'm not the weight of a butterfly.

BTW I have scalpel and epic in 29 in flavours from those 2 manufacturers and really like them
  • Rowan404
    Rowan404 Posts: 104
    twedspeed wrote:
    Hi - I,m after a good independant 2018 reveiw on the "CANNONDALE F-Si CARBON 1" - Ive spent half an hour on Google and the only one I can find is for their top of the range £8000 plus world cup model - Which gets an outstanding reveiw OBV

Sadly Ive not got £8 grand to spend - The one I ,m intrested in is the " CARBON 1" model - But the only info I can find for it is on CANNONDALES own website , and obviously they say its brilliant - but then again they would say that wouldnt they.

So any links to an independent reveiw on the 2018 carbon 1 model , much appreciated - Or even better if anybody on here is riding one , and prepared to give a warts n all expose , Id be mighty intrested to read it.

Idealy I would love to read a "back to back" shootout against the F-Si carbon 1 and a similar specced 2018 epic.

NOTE - Have read the 2016 review - thanks
    The Carbon 1 and the world cup version are the same bike just with different components. Most of the time you won't find a review for every spec a bike comes in so my best advice would just be to read the world cup review and see what they say about the frame. Maybe also on sites that sell the bike for buyer reviews. If you want to find out about quality of spec look at some reviews of the different parts.