sungod Posts: 16,431
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, high-calorie comestible, perhaps early bail to laze in sun
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Offices far away, but thankfully need to pick something up from the local branch, so not a stupidly early start
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I have to pop into the office and discuss my next job, besides that a few miles on the bike , and relax
    Have a good week
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Doc’s first thing to see what’s wrong with my hip. Then some rehab weights before some digging on the terrace.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

No bike today due to lurgy/allergy things and was expecting to have to take load of stuff home tonight, but that's now not the case.
    Expecting a new rim to be delivered today to replace the cracked one, so learning to build a wheel tonight.

Decided last night about 7:30pm to take my mountain bike to bits, so plenty of new parts to buy later £££
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    gym gymmed, coffee drunk, utterly ridiculously hot trainee nurse has just applied to shadow me for two weeks.

winner winner chicken dinner.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Still feeling like shite because of this sinusitis bollox, hope it clears up by Friday. Had to laugh this morning when I saw a news article saying a cat choreographer had died, that must be a really hard job and endlessly frustrating.
    Thistle, if I can build a wheel I reckon anyone can. I've heard that if replacing a rim like for like the easiest way is to tape the rim alongside the existing one and swap spokes into the same position on the new rim.
    Today is a usual day of customer avoidance with added winding down to our holiday. Tea has been drunk and then a bit more to wash down a sausage and egg sarnie.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thistle, if I can build a wheel I reckon anyone can. I've heard that if replacing a rim like for like the easiest way is to tape the rim alongside the existing one and swap spokes into the same position on the new rim.
    That's what my mate suggested so going to try that.
    The new rim's nice and shiny - silver decals rather than white on the older models. It came in a comically oversized box too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    utterly ridiculously hot trainee nurse has just applied to shadow me for two weeks.
    You know the rules - POIDH.

First day back in the office in a week and a half and it isn't too bad as the minions have kept things ticking over nicely while I've been sunning myself. Onwards to an early finish in that case :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Food poisoning all weekend, back at work as I had site visits this morning, now WFH as I feel ill again. On the plus side I nearly went under 60kg in weight for the first time since I was 12... The wonder weight loss trick

Considering squeezing 33s onto the Equilibrium and use it as a 'gravel' bike, freeing up my budget for S-works or Cervelo tastiness...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, tired day avoiding work where possible. Good weekend down on the south coast looking at big lumps of metal getting covered in dust an diesel fumes and lightly toasted.

A little photo from the weekend

43074960912_51b6b331ff_h.jpg

Very much in need of a nap again though.
  • webboo
    , utterly ridiculously hot trainee nurse has just applied to shadow me for two weeks
    So unlikely as there is no such thing as a trainee nurse.
  • Matthewfalle
    Webboo wrote:
    , utterly ridiculously hot trainee nurse has just applied to shadow me for two weeks

A nurse who is at uni studying to be a nurse. Student nurse/trainee nurse. Same thing.

You know what I mean. Don’t get jealous because she’s fit and wants to hang out with me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Food poisoning all weekend, back at work as I had site visits this morning, now WFH as I feel ill again. On the plus side I nearly went under 60kg in weight for the first time since I was 12... The wonder weight loss trick

Considering squeezing 33s onto the Equilibrium and use it as a 'gravel' bike, freeing up my budget for S-works or Cervelo tastiness...

Be careful if you go Cervelo: QC is tat.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

Lame. For the cash I could get a far better spec Aeroad disc so it's probably a better idea anyway...
  • webboo
    Webboo wrote:

A nurse who is at uni studying to be a nurse. Student nurse/trainee nurse. Same thing.

You know what I mean. Don’t get jealous because she’s fit and wants to hang out with me.
    I suppose having them forced on you for 27 years. Jealousy is not the term I would use.
  • Matthewfalle
    Webboo wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

I suppose having them forced on you for 27 years. Jealousy is not the term I would use.

You haven’t seen this one.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Lame. For the cash I could get a far better spec Aeroad disc so it's probably a better idea anyway...

What’s lame?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've heard that if replacing a rim like for like the easiest way is to tape the rim alongside the existing one and swap spokes into the same position on the new rim.
    That was easy (and relaxing) once I figured out you had to transfer them in a pattern and not just in sequence.
    Got halfway through and realised without the axle I'd pinched for another bike I can't true it. Next job for later in the week.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

What’s lame?

That you had issues with your Cervelo. What was wrong with it?