sunday exchanging all eight gluons

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

supposed to be a milder start first thing, it was a bit nippy yesterday, medium ride followed by large extra brekkie followed by long laze in the sun
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder here this morning, dog already walked, out on the bike soon, leisurely afternoon again , l wonder how long this weather is going to be with us
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Urgh
    Feeling like absolute crap this morning, not sure what's wrong.
    I think the bike ride I had planned is going to be binned. Good job everyone else chickened out because it looked "Too steep".
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Supprisingly decent sleep in the tent last night. Today is another run and then swimming in a nearby river, I regret buying the wife the wild swimming book
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    slowish start is being had. Got a few things that need to be done today but they will be done at a leisurely Sunday kind of pace.
    Seem to have failed in my quest to get an anniversary card for the Mrs. I suddenly remembered about 6:30 yesterday and said I had to pop out. She just laughed at me and said she doesn’t need a card. I am that predictable. Taking her tea in bed seems to allow forgiveness for all manner of misdemeanours, best if I don’t push it to far though.
    Have a good day one and all.
  • sungod
    pleasant riding weather, swift 80 something culminating in a large brekkie outside in the sun, some foolish people were complaining it was too hot there

you'll be astounded to hear that at about 9ish i saw a roadie with his jersey unzipped, ffs it was only low 20s, he's really letting the side down
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Bit of a lie in after yesterdays long trek home. I almost managed to get a tan. Now unpacked, will nip out for some supplies then start catching up with stuff before the weekly routine kicks in again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Bike, biked, Sunday dinner eaten and National road race watched. It will be time for some wine soon.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Well the ride I was going to bin turned into a shorter ride, which ended up being 2x longer and hillier than the first one with a bit of a magical mystery tour in the middle. Had to bin the tubeless halfway up the last hill, after stopping for the 12th time to pump the tyre up.
    sungod wrote:
    you'll be astounded to hear that at about 9ish i saw a roadie with his jersey unzipped, ffs it was only low 20s, he's really letting the side down
    Fully unzipped? Maybe he was flashing you?
  • sungod
    well, i was just nonchalantly cresting the steeper side of the hill with grace, poise and souplesse, pretty much like a bronzed ziggy, so it'd be understandable, but he was weaving up over the other way looking cooked and like he had no idea what was going on, probably a brexiter

idled away the afternoon in the sun, a few merlots

mrs s is lagging with the orangettes, i must drop more hints, such as "i just got you half the wine in the known universe yet still there are no orangettes", and t47 made a fleeting visit a few days ago, yet there are no tabbies

it's all very strange

nunc est bidendum
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Evening all to the old geezers still awake. And to any women out there, evening old women.
    Been away on me hols but reading milemunchers tosh on beginners tells me not much has changed around here. Back to reality, work tomorrow. Boring, but whatever.
    Went camping in Netherlands for a while and did lots of riding to the local pub. Great place, nice people, got suntans, strange German neighbours on the campsite, yes we had it all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Evening all to the old geezers still awake. And to any women out there, evening old women.
    Been away on me hols but reading milemunchers tosh on beginners tells me not much has changed around here. Back to reality, work tomorrow. Boring, but whatever.
    Went camping in Netherlands for a while and did lots of riding to the local pub. Great place, nice people, got suntans, strange German neighbours on the campsite, yes we had it all.
    I hope you remembered to mention the football.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Any pics of norks?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.