Finally my finished Giant TCR Composite (2012)

mrpbennett
mrpbennett Posts: 102
edited July 2018 in Your road bikes
This is my 2012 Giant TCR Composite 2. It's basically a new bike, i know I should of just bought a new bike but it's been super fun upgrading.

Ultegra r8000 groupset (cranks 170mm)
Rear Cassette 11/32
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Road Wheelset 2017
Zipp SL70 aero bars
Zipp Service Course SL Stem (100mm)
Fizik ALIANTE R1 Open
Look Keo pedals.
LizardSkin bar tape
Wahoo Bolt headunit

only thing annoying me is the steerer tube length but with a new frame or bike on the horizon next year, it's best to leave it.
Please excuse the paintbucket! lol

me3e5Gu.jpg
toDPZw0.jpg

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Niiice. Apart from it being in the small ring....
  • mrpbennett
    cougie wrote:

LOLzzz I did notice that when i uploaded it. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    mrpbennett wrote:
    cougie wrote:

Valves, the piece of green crap up on the kerb, general naff 80's housing. Are you trying to illicit sympathy?
  • mrpbennett
    :shock: some people! :roll:
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    That escalated quickly! Nice TCR I still look for a replacement for my old model but can never quite bring myself to do it.
  • mrpbennett
    Sandyballs wrote:
    That escalated quickly! Nice TCR I still look for a replacement for my old model but can never quite bring myself to do it.

Thanks man. I am in the same boat as you, thinking of keeping it for another year. Looking at an S5 / S3 disc though.
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    I was looking at the S3 and nearly pressed buy on the Argon 18 Nitrogen frameset Merlin are doing cheap, but I can’t get over the TRP brakes. I also have a Scott CR1 SL and think I will have to live with the pair till next year.
  • mrpbennett wrote:
    cougie wrote:

Valves, the piece of green crap up on the kerb, general naff 80's housing. Are you trying to illicit sympathy?

Shudders, i cant see past the big logos.

The bar tape nearly works
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Nice job, personally think some "stealth" wheels would make it look less cluttered. But hey, if you like it!
  • mrpbennett
    Nice job, personally think some "stealth" wheels would make it look less cluttered. But hey, if you like it!

thought the same...but hey ho! Newer bikes are coming stealthy like the canyon aero road or S5 which is something i have my eye on.
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    Thats a bike that you'd have to spend serious money to better even today.
    I think it looks great, only de-logo the wheels if you want to ruin the sell-on value.
    I also like the BMW on the curb.
    Every upgrade on the bike looks super senisble to me, I bet its rapid.
    Great job.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    did the paint can explode over the bike?
    And the saddle needs levelling
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    did the paint can explode over the bike?
    And the saddle needs levelling

Im pretty sure the bar tape could not possibly be the final stuff, you’re right he must be a painter.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    that's a lot of decals....
  • mrpbennett
    LOL I work in AdTech i thought the bar tape looks cool because it mixes in with the white and black on the bike. The frame is a 2012 i guess the logos were a thing then, id love a murdered out looking bike.

She's a lot faster than she was. Help to the wheels for sure.