thursday is only one possibility - there is an infinity of others

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

see how much hilton brekkie i can consume, see gmc punter, mad-lhr, see how much i can drink on the way back, home jeeves
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, looking forward to another day of sunshine, out on the bike this morning followed by a leisurely afternoon bbq and a few drinks
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Hybrid commute today as I need to get back for the football which shall be enjoyed in the pub
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    brekkie buffet included a pineapple mountain, nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Brekkie, sunbathe, swim, gym, more food, drink, footy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Took the GFs new car for a spin then had a nice few beers and a bbq in the garden last night. Faintly groggy today but I'm putting that down to the heat, considering sleeping downstairs tonight. I moved the thermometer upstairs this morning and it was still rising past 22 when I left.

This morning will be spent pondering n+1, then off down to pick up the new truck which I have been bitching and moaning about for the last few months
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Tired today, hard to get to sleep due to the warm weather.
    In a nice cool air conditioned office today, which will be nice until people start opening the windows to try to the rest of the planet.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Now, I "run hot", being a fan of the scratching, the chip and the pie. However, I have no difficulty getting to sleep when it's warm. Are people still wrapping up in their warm winter duvets? Wearing pyjamas/t-shirts/shorts? Surely if you just wear as little as possible and sleep with no cover, or only a sheet, then it's not too hot, especially if you have a cool shower before bed.
  • hopkinb
    Cold this morning. Getting sunny later though, which is good, though I'm going for a haircut later, and the hairdressers does get boiling when the sun is out.

Went to mini's school concert last night, which was the normal collection of screechy violins, ill-advised percussion groups & overblown recorders. However, the last piece was Bach's toccata & fugue in d minor, which was played on the piano by this tiny little ginger kid with long wavy hair. It was superb, full of feeling & interpretation, especially given it was played on a piano and not an organ. Not a bum note. Marvellous stuff, and everyone appreciated it, the little blighter got a standing ovation.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    hopkinb wrote:
    Now, I "run hot", being a fan of the scratching, the chip and the pie. However, I have no difficulty getting to sleep when it's warm. Are people still wrapping up in their warm winter duvets? Wearing pyjamas/t-shirts/shorts? Surely if you just wear as little as possible and sleep with no cover, or only a sheet, then it's not too hot, especially if you have a cool shower before bed.

There may be other reasons why one might be warm in bed but then I am unmarried and full of hope...

I was actually cold when I woke up in the night but I quite like that
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    There may be other reasons why one might be warm in bed but then I am unmarried and full of hope...

:lol:

When you abandon hope, you may as well give up...
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    Butt naked sprawled out on top of the duvet :roll:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    2nd day of wearing shorts in the office. Need to go shopping for some smart trousers as we're attending a bash tomorrow raising money for a mate who's cycling from Manchester to Gibraltar in a few weeks for chraridy.

Other than that, being a once-every-four-years football fan and watching the game tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    2nd day of wearing shorts in the office. Need to go shopping for some smart trousers as we're attending a bash tomorrow raising money for a mate who's cycling from Manchester to Gibraltar in a few weeks for chraridy.
    What's the recent attraction with Gibraltar? https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/media/pre ... tar/193245
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Now back from the camping expedition. Arrived put up tent,inflated thermarests,unfurled sleeping bags, played in the park and went to the pub for tea. Grandson dropped off to sleep about 8:15pm and didn’t stir till 8:30am however I tossed and turned all night having to get up several times for a pee. Clearly camping in a two man tent is a young persons game and I should know better.
    Might have some wine later to get over the experience of feeling I was in a landslide every time I slid of the sleeping mat.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    What's the recent attraction with Gibraltar? https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/media/pre ... tar/193245

Not a clue mate, this if for several charities as they're all firemen.
    Advocate of disc brakes.