wednesday like quills upon the fretful porpentine

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, off to see gmc punter of gmc, lhr-mad, eat, drink, be merry, etc. looks rather warm over there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long bike commute today will remove some of last nights excess
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning Gents, not a lot to report from Lincolnshire, sunny yet again, lovely
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, went out on the mtb last night, I spent most of my ride mentally criticising someone else's harvesting site so it felt a bit too much like work. Then I came home, walked the hound and had 1 pint which has somehow lead to a slight grogginess. Definitely something wrong with me. Hot day again, bikes later.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Nice and cool this morning so the ride to the office was pleasant. Plus the fact I was early so there was less traffic. SCR'd someone in full Team Sky kit this morning, don't think it was TLW1.

Off to a meeting shortly, which I think will turn into standing around in the sun all day :/
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I've never been to Madrid. I bet it's hot at this time of the year.

A bit fresher this morning, though no women to race, so you win some, and you lose some. I am going to look for a cup of coffee and maybe some fruit, maybe even pineapple if M&S have any.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Had some good times in Madrid many years ago as I knew a few people there. Just thinking about it made me smile.
    Not much going on here today, hopefully it will stay that way. Already had a few awkward ones, the one that made me laugh was a difficult Frenchman, got irritated that I didn't speak French even though I told him he could call our branch in Paris. Managed to stifle a chuckle when he said his name was Le Conte.
    Got physio again this evening, I think they are easing the pain in my back by lightening my wallet. Later is pub but I think I should take it easy as I'm still struggling after the weekend and mate's funeral is tomorrow.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    The World's most lazy man strikes again, apparently he can't tax my car until tomorrow, probably having a siesta or something. I'll be amazed if I get my hands on it this week
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Had a big day on the road yesterday (in the car) so decided the best thing to do would be to sink several gins and get up early for a ride this morning.

All things considered I'm feeling ok.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    The World's most lazy man strikes again, apparently he can't tax my car until tomorrow, probably having a siesta or something. I'll be amazed if I get my hands on it this week
    I as going to suggest waiting until next week as you'd get an extra month's tax, but it's a company car so not such an issue. If they are a little behind on target he'll be desperate to get it out this week. If they are a long way off target he might stall until next week to get a jump on next month's figures.
  • sungod
    corner table in the lounge with excellent runway views, samosas with surprisingly spicy chilli dip, chicken tikka masala, sparkling water, merlot, but i'd rather stay home and laze in the sun, roll on flight back
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    I as going to suggest waiting until next week as you'd get an extra month's tax, but it's a company car so not such an issue. If they are a little behind on target he'll be desperate to get it out this week. If they are a long way off target he might stall until next week to get a jump on next month's figures.

He's been stalling for the last 17 weeks as far as I can tell, it's almost as if he doesn't want to sell me a car :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Stressbag and Stropteen now dispatched in a taxi to the airport, so now the proper chilling out starts :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Got a bit fried on yesterday’s bike ride probably due to it being 104 degrees according to bike computer, which resulted in a nice case of cramp in the middle of the night. Which went well with my f*cked hip. Now able to walk again and car is sort of packed for tonight’s camping trip with the boy. However he will probably want to stay with his granny knowing the fickleness of 4 year olds. Might do some shoulder rehab later.
  • tlw1
    Morning,

Nice and cool this morning so the ride to the office was pleasant. Plus the fact I was early so there was less traffic. SCR'd someone in full Team Sky kit this morning, don't think it was TLW1.

Off to a meeting shortly, which I think will turn into standing around in the sun all day :/
    Def not me as I’m quicker than a doped up sky rider
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Morning,

Def not me as I’m quicker than a doped up sky rider
    Trying to get to the pub before it runs dry? :cry:
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/27/news/co2-shortage-uk-beer/index.html
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    bizarre flight, long haul config plane so i had a full-on flatbed seat with all the trimmings for a 2.5 hour flight, skipped the food and just drank bubbly, whilst working on gmc stuff of course

more bubbly in hotel lounge, then some beers, hotel restaurant looks poncey but cba going out, room service clubwich y fries ordered, to have with some more beers

forgot to bring tawny port with me, may have to visit bar later to see if they can save me

hic
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
    Well done Stevo. Have you met anyone unsuitable yet?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
    No, all the strip joints are in Ayia Napa. Apparently.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
    hotel bar has 10yr tawny, get in! got two glassfuls, just in case

nighty night
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
    Do they have uber in Cyprus?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
    Apparently not. Although I am feeling a bit like Mr. Creosote after tonight's steak extravaganza. Will see how things go after the England game tomorrow :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hic
    +1
    Apparently not. Although I am feeling a bit like Mr. Creosote after tonight's steak extravaganza. Will see how things go after the England game tomorrow :)
    Wasted opportunity
  • veronese68
    Pub pubbed, was going to bail early but a mate that now lives in French France turned up so thought I’d best stay a bit longer.
    Not looking forward to tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pub pubbed, was going to bail early but a mate that now lives in French France turned up so thought I’d best stay a bit longer.
    Not looking forward to tomorrow.
    How ironic, someone from France caused you to surrender
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Wasted opportunity
    Do you mean drinking or strip clubbing, or both? :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Wasted opportunity
    Do you mean drinking or strip clubbing, or both? :)
    On all counts