Argon 18 Notrogen vs Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all

Can anyone tell me the difference between the above apart from the fact that the Pro has "Pro" written after everything in the description and £700 on the price?

Unless its the carbon used I actually can't see any real differences.

Many thanks

M to the F
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    This from the Argon website for the Nitrogen

The Nitrogen is a purebred bike—if there is such a thing—with a proven track record on the UCI international circuit. As one of the swiftest aero bikes in its category, it is the ideal bike for riding at breakneck speeds or racking up the kilometers. Moreover, thanks to its aggressive geometry and cutting-edge aerodynamics, the Nitrogen has all the benefits of Optimal Balance, making it a fast, light and comfortable bike. No sacrifices.

Nitrogen: suited for road and speed aficionados who are looking for the perfect combination of performance and versatility.

and this for the Nitrogen Pro

Argon 18 will stop at nothing to reach new heights of excellence. The Nitrogen, a bike that has already proven itself on the international circuit—including at the iconic Tour de France—is getting the Pro treatment: it is now equipped with a stratospheric level of aerodynamic and lightweight integration. Offered with the exclusive carbon monocoque AHB5000 aero handlebar system, a lightweight and easy-to-use cockpit that generates up to a 30% increase in aerodynamics over standard round handlebars, and unparalleled adjustability, the Nitrogen Pro pushes the limits of performance and optimal balance.

Looks like the difference could just be the aero handlebar system but hey ho - you pays your money etc etc
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Unless its the carbon used I actually can't see any real differences.
    That was the conclusion I came to. I bought the non-Pro version because I couldn't afford the Pro, but looked closely at the differences to see if it was worth waiting until I could afford the pro. It seems weight (likely based on the different carbon, you save a whopping 130g :shock:), and you also get the stem & handlebars. Brakes are the same, geometry is the same.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Brilliant - cheers guys, looks like you are both thinking the same as me.

The frameset in my size doesn't have the Argon handlebars so it seems I would be paying £500 or whatever more for 130g weight difference. £500 buys a lot of ho and blow around these rural valley parts so it seems that is another frameset off the shortlist and more funding for, errrr, post ride recreational relaxation and enjoyment.

Nitrogen has a nicer red/black (imo) paint job as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    2018-04-04%2019.17.35.jpg?raw=1