office, coffee, do stuff, may bail early and go lay in the sun
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Offices far away, need to get away at a reasonable time as we are out later
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, don’t you just love this weather, dog already walked, bike ride later, followed by some lazing in the sun
    Have a good week
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Oi, what’s occurring?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Nice sunburn from cycling down to a friend's BBQ yesterday. Not especially excited about this week although I might be picking up my new car on Wednesday, 40 more bhp than the current automobile so hopefully it'll be noticable
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    sungod wrote:
    go lay in the sun
    That's covered it for me :)

Feeling slightly weeble-like after the buffet brekkie so may need to swim it off. There is the possibility of watching Uruguay v Russia later if I fancy a change from lazing. Decisions, decisions...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    team47b wrote:
    Oi, what’s occurring?
    long time no tabbies!

here it's hot an sunny

aside from that, much the same nonsense abounds
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    team47b wrote:
    Oi, what’s occurring?
    I think I remember you. Hope all is well.
    If T47's car had 40bhp more I'm pretty sure he would notice the difference.
    I'm just trying to avoid being noticed today in the hope that I can catch up on much needed sleep. Lovely and sunny out there, it was probably quite nice riding in but I was barely awake at the time. Coffee machine is earning it's keep today.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    wall to wall sungod fuel, I even had a couple of bits of pineapple for breakfast as they were looking unloved in the 'fridge.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Feeling slightly weeble-like after the buffet brekkie so may need to swim it off.

I do love a breakfast buffet.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

Nice sunburn from cycling down to a friend's BBQ yesterday. Not especially excited about this week although I might be picking up my new car on Wednesday, 40 more bhp than the current automobile so hopefully it'll be noticable

40 more ponies will be noticeable, had about that added to mine, was night and day.

Appears to be many a hungover person from enjoying watching some men punt a ball around into some boxes.
    There was some drunkard who was chanting "footballs coming home" shortly before falling over. Im confused not only why is football coming home but also what he was doing. Up my hill theres a rather pricey golf club and a forest. No pubs or anywhere that would sell alcohol.

Anyway back in the office today may bring the dog with me this week if the heat kicks up as they threaten she will enjoy the air con and barking at ducks.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

40 more ponies will be noticeable, had about that added to mine, was night and day.

Unfortunately both weigh about 1.7t or 1.8t, the new one being marginally lighter, neither are fast by any stretch but the current one is a bit depressing currently... Plus the new one is dark grey so inevitably looks way cooler :lol:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:

Unfortunately both weigh about 1.7t or 1.8t, the new one being marginally lighter, neither are fast by any stretch but the current one is a bit depressing currently... Plus the new one is dark grey so inevitably looks way cooler :lol:

Grey make it slightly quicker I heard, not like red cars though they are much quicker. My estate weighs 1.5t apparently, had a remap from 108BHP to 146BHP OK its a diesel so the torques gone right up but even so you really do notice it. I used to wince trying to overtake things now its far more comfortable. Stil la downgrade from 230BHP though from my old car :lol:
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Grey make it slightly quicker I heard, not like red cars though they are much quicker.
    I the grey thing only applied to Cortinas.
    We did have to suffer the chorus of fuckwits celebrating the football all afternoon from the pub down the road. I must confess I didn't realise Panama was such a great footballing nation.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Grey make it slightly quicker I heard, not like red cars though they are much quicker. My estate weighs 1.5t apparently, had a remap from 108BHP to 146BHP OK its a diesel so the torques gone right up but even so you really do notice it. I used to wince trying to overtake things now its far more comfortable. Stil la downgrade from 230BHP though from my old car :lol:

The current monstrocity is silver, at least it doesn't show the scratches...

I'm getting the middle horse powered (204bhp) Amarok so everyone I know will obviously be jealous of my 3L V6 despite the fact it only makes 20bhp more than the previous versions 2L. The 240bhp highline version is quite a machine for its size!
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    Looked at the Amarok as company run around for its crewcab to replace transit pickup and a company pool car. It ain't happening as too thirsty and pickup bed to small. Suspect it might stay as 2 vehicles sadly, it was fun given the demo some thrash around the quarry to check it's off road ability. Enjoy the new gas guzzler when it arrives Hayden.

Makes sense, but as you say, only really useful if you are carrying smaller stuff (and the Amarok is one of the biggest iirc). I am anticipating better mpg than the current Isuzu and probably any other pickup for that matter, but it's the company who pay and they don't seem too bothered.

I was quite tempted by the new X-class but it's essentially a Navara for £10k more as far as I can tell, it would have been well out of budget. When Nissan are offering the highest spec for 24k ex vat it's hard not to go for one, I was only saved by VW hugely over paying for my isuzu as a trade in and the rest of the difference made up by the vw resale value down the line. I'm just pleased to be getting something other than an Isuzu...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Hip appears to working today, still made appointment to see doc. Next Monday the earliest good job I’m not in pain then.
    Decided to have a look at the camping gear store up in roof of the roof of the garage as I had the thought of taking the grandson camping.
    It would seem that leaving a brand new tent for 10 plus years unused can turn the fly sheet to jelly. Might have to be plan B a pop up tent.
    Rehab weight done bike ride later.
  • haydenm
    Webboo wrote:
    It would seem that leaving a brand new tent for 10 plus years unused can turn the fly sheet to jelly. Might have to be plan B a pop up tent.

Mice ate most of my tent, didn't realise until I put it up on the first day of the tour. Luckily I was so distracted by the fact I had forgotten two of the poles that it didn't really matter.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon

Just back from this morning's hike a bike in the mountains. The descents weren't really worth the 4000 ft of climbing due to mx vandals :(.
    Should've put suncream on, and taken more to drink, and got some elbow pads :D

Going to enter some more races this afternoon, and sit out and cook a bit more in the sun as it's only 27 degrees here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Feeling slightly weeble-like after the buffet brekkie so may need to swim it off.

Didn't need to eat anything till 4pm :)

Decided to watch the Uruguay - Russia game and see MFs footy predictions wobbling :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Afternoon

Just back from this morning's hike a bike in the mountains. The descents weren't really worth the 4000 ft of climbing due to mx vandals :(.
    Should've put suncream on, and taken more to drink, and got some elbow pads :D

Going to enter some more races this afternoon, and sit out and cook a bit more in the sun as it's only 27 degrees here.
    Where were you playing?
  • veronese68
    ...and taken more to drink.
    Have you considered carrying water in a frame bag?
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:

Are you mad? They rub on your legs. Get a rucksack bladder, much better, and you don't have to worry about your bottles being nicked.
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Are you mad? They rub on your legs. Get a rucksack bladder, much better, and you don't have to worry about your bottles being nicked.
    Of course, good point. And water never gets warm in a bladder that's on a sweaty back in the sun.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Of course, good point. And water never gets warm in a bladder that's on a sweaty back in the sun.
    Had a nice bottle of hot ribena in my backpack when I stopped for lunch...
    I'm thinking of investing in some of those water purifying tablets, there's plenty of cool streams but there's only so far up I can check for dead sheep.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Where were you playing?
    Did the Cadair Berwyn loop, clockwise. Wayfarer was wet, very wet.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Didn't need to eat anything till 4pm :)

Decided to watch the Uruguay - Russia game and see MFs footy predictions wobbling :wink:

Wobble but not tumble. :)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.