How to buy a Voodoo Bizango (with shipping to Denmark) ?

pvester
pvester Posts: 7
edited June 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hey,

I really want the Voodoo Bizango bike and I have tried for days to find it and email some stores. The problem is that e.g. Halfords do have the bike, they just don't want to ship it outside of UK. I have offered them to pay for all the expenses, but they never reply to that. So the questions are:

1) is it somehow possible to get it shipped from e.g. Halfords? E.g. through some other company?
I can see that e.g. https://www.luggageforward.com/bike-shipping-service/ offer to send it for 150 dollars. Thats totally fine with me, but does anyone have experience with them?

2) Is there some other place where I can buy it AND get it shipped to Denmark.

Comments

• andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Try these

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/voodoo-bi ... -2018.html

Though I think they are part of the same company. Worth a try
  • pvester
    Thanks for your advice. I already tried to contact them, but never heard back from them...
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    There is a halfords store in Dover, how about making a trip to the UK, we're having unusually warm and dry weather, $150 should cover most of the fuel, train, ferry.

Alternative if you know someone in UK who could post it, that should work, or someone on forum who you can trust to do it. I've picked up and posted bike but right now have shit going on so that I can't do.

Don't know about the company you list.

Is there no alternative you can get locally, $150 is a significant amount to throw way, it's not like there is anything special about this bike. Make sure you you get correct size frame.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Contractually they cannot sell the Voodoo’s outside the UK, so you either come here, get a third party to get it for you or buy something else I’m afraid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    02GF74 wrote:
    There is a halfords store in Dover, how about making a trip to the UK, we're having unusually warm and dry weather, $150 should cover most of the fuel, train, ferry.
    Amsterdam-Newcastle ferry is another alternative. Probably a longer trip as the ferry is overnight, but less driving to do..Plus, you'd get to have a few beers :D There's two Halfords stores within a mile from the ferry port
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    The Rookie wrote:
    Contractually they cannot sell the Voodoo’s outside the UK, so you either come here, get a third party to get it for you or buy something else I’m afraid.
    Are you sure about that? Free trade across borders within the EU etc etc? Really surprised if those sorts of restrictions are allowable. Happy to be corrected of course!
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    Are you after the analogue Bizango or the eBike Bizango?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    larkim wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    Are you sure about that? Free trade across borders within the EU etc etc? Really surprised if those sorts of restrictions are allowable. Happy to be corrected of course!
    Halfords contract with Voodoo limits them to UK sales, EU law cannot prevent them selling cross borders, but their contract can. Same as Halfords can’t sell their Carrera brand outside the UK as the completely separate Italian based company has that right.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pvester
    doomanic wrote:
    Are you after the analogue Bizango or the eBike Bizango?

Its the one here:
    http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -22-frames