Ciocc Blade

ashtons99
ashtons99 Posts: 110
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
I’m just considering one of these. It’s the aero frame from the Italian frame builder. It’s about £5k for a decent build spec but I can find nothing by way of a review of the frame anywhere. By comparison I could get a canyon aeroroad for a lump less or something like a Used Madone race shop Ltd for similar money. Then of course there’s the mainstream stuff like a Propel for a lot less.
Has anyone any experience of the Ciocc as at the moment it’s a leap of faith !

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630
    Apparently, if you pronounce it wrong it sounds a lot like an Italian slang word for genitalia. I'm not sure what gender, I'm sorry.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    From my limited experience the "Ciocc" brand has a good reputation - clearly boutique.
    As you have implied, there is a premium over the propel - vfm - propel wins - exclusivity - Ciocc wins.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Five grand for a bike with no reviews ? Plenty of far better value rides out there. What would make you value the frame so highly ?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ashtons99 wrote:
    I’m just considering one of these. It’s the aero frame from the Italian frame builder.

Don't be thinking that the frame is necessarily 'Italian made' - a lot of previous Cioccs from a few years back were just painted-up open mould frames and this one is possibly a far eastern product as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but worth checking..