sungod Posts: 16,435
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early ride, cafes, lazing in sun if sunny, otherwise lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Park run with eldest (his idea) followed by haircut and other boring stuff in town, then party at a friends followed by another local party. Going to be excessive
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog already walked, just having a coffee bike ride in a bit, I am pleased to say that wind has dropped
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Eldest has just got ready for the park run and I thought I would check the times and it’s cancelled this week because of the food festival :(
  • sungod
    nippy start, but quiet roads early on, many contrails in the morning sky
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Sat in Gatwick airport waiting to experience the joys of BA. 4 hour flight so got a book and will be having a drink or two to pass the time :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Enjoy your holiday Stevo.

Hot and sunny. Mrs H3 dodging child care by going for afternoon tea. Leaving me with mini and the dog. Sure we will think of something to do.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Have a great hols Stevo - have a Pastis for us.

As an aside, glorious ride riddled (162 miles), been to town, had lunch, just mowing the lawn then have a snack, some weights and dinner.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, grey and not very warm here. Been out to do some of the touristy stuff, it was a bit of a struggle. Stumbled across an anti Brexit march going to the Brandenburg gate. Just had a bit of a nap as I was a little weary having been out until dawn. Probably repeating that tonight so will have to get ready to go straight to the airport when we get in. Having a right laugh though.
    Enjoy the holiday Stevo.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569

As an aside, glorious ride riddled (162 miles), been to town, had lunch, just mowing the lawn then have a snack, some weights and dinner.

Wow, 162 miles before lunch!

Is 162 the product of xMF.m, where x is the number of MFs riding and m is the number of miles ridden? (a formula sometimes known as the MM1 convention).

So 3 MFs riding 54 miles is 162 miles, or 18 MFs riding 9 miles is also 162 miles. Or is there another method of riding 162 miles before lunch that I don't know about?
  • hopkinb
    mrfpb wrote:

Wow, 162 miles before lunch!

Is 162 the product of xMF.m, where x is the number of MFs riding and m is the number of miles ridden? (a formula sometimes known as the MM1 convention).

So 3 MFs riding 54 miles is 162 miles, or 18 MFs riding 9 miles is also 162 miles. Or is there another method of riding 162 miles before lunch that I don't know about?

He just rides at 40 mph for 4 hours. Soft pedalling see? Recovery ride isn't it? The MFs are made of different stuff to you and me.

Where should I go if I wanted a custom steel frame, off which to hang etap and some whooshy wheels wot roll nicely, plus matching bits and bobs? I'm softening a bit on buying myself a bike.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Where should I go if I wanted a custom steel frame, off which to hang etap and some whooshy wheels wot roll nicely, plus matching bits and bobs? I'm softening a bit on buying myself a bike.
    custom: milan
    etap: yep
    whoosh: yep
    you didn't mention shiny: yep
  • hopkinb
    Oooh, is that your shiny bike? Nooiice. Except for the white bar tape. :wink:

I'm going to have to do some googling. Then get back to the original thought that it's an extravagance I can ill afford.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Now grandson less, seems quiet but somehow less tiring. Hip still playing up need to go see someone about it next week.
    Did manage my feeble shoulder weights regime but little else today other than the wearing of my new Panama hat.
  • Stevo_666
    All gone well so far. Just been out and stuffed ourselves silly on Greek food. Now chilling in the hotel bar with a cold G&T while some middle aged woman croons away in Greek. Tomorrow is a lie in, late brekkie, a spot of sunbathing and watching the England game on a big screen in one of the open air bars with some suitably Englandy drinking :)

MF - will start sampling the Ouzo tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    any pics of any holiday norks? can't be worse than what H3 posted when he went to Scarborough or wherever it was that time .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    any pics of any holiday norks? can't be worse than what H3 posted when he went to Scarborough or wherever it was that time .....
    We didn't get out till 10pm so nork free so far. Although I can understand why pics of norks in Scarborough might not be that popular.