Had a go at the big boy jumps on the newly rebuilt (bigger) 'A470 Line' at BikePark Wales yesterday!

sprinter2012
sprinter2012 Posts: 88
edited June 2018 in MTB general
I had this trip booked long before the new trails were announced so the extra 3 runs were a nice surprise (even if AC DC was closed when it was advertised as being open, but meh).

I didn't have my gimbal on during the morning when I did the new stuff, but I got this nice top to bottom run of Vicious Valley into the newly rebuilt A470 Line and finished by flying down Willy Waver.

I love what they've done with A470, it's faster, bigger, scarier and flows just that bit better since the revamp, top work from the BPW trail crew! 8)

The link below should take you direct to where the A470 Line starts, but the other runs are indexed in the video description because I'm helpful like that.

IM5mPyX.jpg
Subscribe on YouTube or follow on Instagram

Comments

• billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Yet again, another great video. The trails look awesome.

You rode some really smooth lines. You can tell when you get tired and it's not so neat and tidy. :lol:

I just can't jump stuff and really struggle with table tops and gap jumps.

I do recognise some of it and I can still claim to have ridden a lot of it on a HT. :?

Keep 'em coming!
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • philofcas2
    philofcas2 Posts: 26
    That looks brilliant, very well ridden i’d say!!!
  • BillyCool wrote:
    Yet again, another great video. The trails look awesome.

You rode some really smooth lines. You can tell when you get tired and it's not so neat and tidy. :lol:

I just can't jump stuff and really struggle with table tops and gap jumps.

Thanks man, couldn't have asked for a better day for it, little bit overcast in the morning but the afternoon was glorious!

Haha yer some of this footage was from later in the day because with the number of people there it was really hard to get 'clear' runs in!

Just do the same thing I do, each time you go out just try to go a little bit faster or a bit bigger and before you know it you'll be clearing gaps with ease! 8)
    PhilofCas2 wrote:
    That looks brilliant, very well ridden i’d say!!!

Thank you my man, not quite the perfect run but as near as I was going to get yesterday! :lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Nice one, the vid doesn't show how big some of those jumps are. :)
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I wish I could ride like that!

It is well known that video flattens the trail. But does it also make it look faster?
  • welshkev wrote:
    Nice one, the vid doesn't show how big some of those jumps are. :)

Tell me about it! Those two darker faced ones after the hip/gap thing about half way down in particular are pretty big!
    I wish I could ride like that!

It is well known that video flattens the trail. But does it also make it look faster?

When I used to film in Superview you would get an artificially increased sense of speed from where it dynamically stretched the edges, but on my newer videos (since I got the gimbal) I've started shooting just in 'Wide' mode, where in my experience if it looks fast, it is fast. haha
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    ....It is well known that video flattens the trail. But does it also make it look faster?

When I used to film in Superview you would get an artificially increased sense of speed from where it dynamically stretched the edges, but on my newer videos (since I got the gimbal) I've started shooting just in 'Wide' mode, where in my experience if it looks fast, it is fast. haha

In that case a bloody well done from me! :D