my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another grey bonnet start to the day, gardening and cycling today
    Where’s the Sunshine
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hybrid commute as the legs are getting better, the question is are they good enough to enter a race tomorrow night or will this muck up sundays race (already paid for)

Later is unplanned - so the wife may try to get me doing some gardening jobs with petrol powered toys
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    TLW1 wrote:

Later is unplanned - so the wife may try to get me doing some gardening jobs with petrol powered toys

That’s why I like gardening TLW
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Foggy and misty and yuk.

Chilled day - have some lessons to give but that’s it really.

Oh - it’s the wedding anniversary today. May go out to Il Duce’s or Pierre Augereau’s new place in Llandeusant.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    mild but sticky in london, gym gymned, time to cafe cafe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Brightish here, hip less sore today. Interestingly it was a lot less painful after riding for 4 hours plus yesterday. Today will be shoulder rehab weights then a bike ride.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Busy day ahead, got to shoot out at 10ish to take the old man to the oncologist. He's finished his chemo for the time being so scan results and see what's next. Fingers crossed all is as well as can be. Must admit my mind's not really on this work malarkey.
    About time I was made another cup of tea.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    good luck with the doc mate.

Alarm at 6 for a morning ride... snoozed. 7... snoozed. 8:30...better get up. currently lying horizontal on the sofa WFH. bah.

Sports massage booked in at lunchtime, an hour of intense pain as someone works away at my muscles. Not my favourite thing in the world but I will feel great the next day.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning gentle ride into work to chill out. Maybe hit the WWW for some abuse later

I'll have a go at anyone who lazily spouts tabloid tropes with a complete lack of empathy or understanding. So you keep coming up with the bullsh*t, and I'll keep pulling you up on it. :wink:

In other news, I'm hungry.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Oh - it’s the wedding anniversary today. May go out to Il Duce’s or Pierre Augereau’s new place in Llandeusant.

Congratters. I reckon you should try the new Uzbekistani joint down in Llanddaddyllpwllbach y bont. I've heard good things about their grilled spicy chitterlings.
  • veronese68
    Congrats, will you book a table for five or will you leave the MFs at home?
    Must remember our anniversary is coming up.
  • Matthewfalle
    Thank you for the congrats. We (TDV and I) think its 15 years. Or 16 years of marriage, but we're not too sure. Either way its been entertaining.

The MF's can't count that far without talking their socks off but are still struggling with their laces.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Congratters. I reckon you should try the new Uzbekistani joint down in Llanddaddyllpwllbach y bont. I've heard good things about their grilled spicy chitterlings.

Thank you! Uzbekistani joint is a top suggestion: the MFs went there a while ago and had some lightly fried goat intestine with garlic and tomato and said it was delish.

Traffic is a bugger to get there at the moment because Lewis is having his outside toilet moved inside so the drains are up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Congrats, will you book a table for five or will you leave the MFs at home?
    Must remember our anniversary is coming up.

The MFs are coming but we are leaving them in the car outside. Can't be trusted at home by themselves anymore after they ate the curtains.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning slackers, work avoiders, tea drinkers and other.

Thought it was Wednesday, disappointment that the thread is for Tuesday. Ran a trail race last night, unsure if I enjoyed it. like that thing your ex did.

Otherwise a shit storm on my desk, may set it on fire. Bought some art work as I pretend to be old, wise and civilised.

Enjoy the gardening TLW and hope the old man has a good consultancy appointment V68.

How is MF still married?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Today will be spent slowly meandering towards 5pm when I have the delight of fitting some skirting and an having an early night in readiness to endure Northerns new timetable.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

How is MF still married?

We don't tend to spend a lot of time in the same country and when we do the MFs keep us so busy we don't tend to spend a lot of time within the same abode. I can't remember the last time we were in the parlour together, let alone the good room.

So far, July, September, October, January are already in calendar as being in separate countries.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Morning

Got some sort of lurgy - headache combined with hay fever, great.
    Pretty quiet in the office today. People wfh, courses, out etc.
    Maybe TT later, or might just go along and help.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Flâneur wrote:

How is MF still married?

We don't tend to spend a lot of time in the same country and when we do the MFs keep us so busy we don't tend to spend a lot of time within the same abode. I can't remember the last time we were in the parlour together, let alone the good room.

So far, July, September, October, January are already in calendar as being in separate countries.

The recipe to success, quality not quantity. Enjoy the evening and hopefully you shall make it to the parlour at least
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Busy day ahead, got to shoot out at 10ish to take the old man to the oncologist. He's finished his chemo for the time being so scan results and see what's next. Fingers crossed all is as well as can be. Must admit my mind's not really on this work malarkey.
    About time I was made another cup of tea.
    Good luck with that V.

Good pedal in and there's light at the end of the tunnel as only 2.5 days to go before the first summer holiday, with the added win that Strifey and Stropteen go home half way through :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

How is MF still married?

The recipe to success, quality not quantity. Enjoy the evening and hopefully you shall make it to the parlour at least

Thank you!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Thanks chaps, all was as well as could be given the circumstances. No new lumps anywhere, it seems to be stable. He's had as much chemo as they are prepared to give him so it's now a case of having a break from nasty drugs (presume recreational is ok) and they keep an eye on him and when it kicks off again they will try something else.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Liar, Lewis has a long drop.

Me doing work me. Nearly there. Had a fight with the kitchen sink and won.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!