monday dugga dugga dugga, for the embetterment of gmc and the gene pool, die foolish ones, die

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, have at it, with fire, for i am a wrathful sungod
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well hopefully we will see a bit of sunshine today, the wind has dropped off slightly as well , tiggers waiting patiently for his walk, I managed to get talked in to altering the sister in laws decking so that is happening today
    Have a nice week, hope we see some better weather
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Bright but breezy here. Still recovering from the shock of no fathers day card or greetings despite visiting daughter to drop her birthday presents. Might have to ride my bike to get over it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Checked the weather forecast before leaving, definitely no rain. Got wet wobbling to work, I think the sky is faulty. Work emails are playing up so more skiving than usual may take place. Oooh, more tea is being delivered. Now what should accompany it?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning Slackers,

Bacon and egg brekkie to give me some energy before giving the 'rents house it's annual hoovering. TV has gone kaput - sods law it had to give up the ghost while the World Cup is on :roll: Will have to find a cheapie new one and bring it up next month.

Visit to see my old dear then headed back down South, hopefully in time to see the pain and tension that is the England game.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Looks like Sungod has his deity thing going today. Fire and brimstone are the usual tools to attain the desired outcome.

First day of a staycation, lunch at the local with wife and daughter, maybe a bike ride, maybe a lounge, definitely ribs and beers with the football tonight.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    global obedience and unquestioning compliance so far, perhaps they get it now

just made myself a citron pressé, sans sucre naturellement, most refreshing, must nip over to paris and have a few in the proper location
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Aht'noon all!

Managed a ride before work today, the plus side of being in bed for 9pm.

Tonight football consumption/wheelie bin fill will be based loosely on (10 * X) + (x * Y) where X = friends and Y = beers * muchness
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474

Tonight football consumption/wheelie bin fill will be based loosely on (10 * X) + (x * Y) where X = friends and Y = beers * muchness

If Hawkings was still alive he be sh1tting himself sir, your equation has a genius simplicity which surpasses the achievements of one of the giants of theoretical physics.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Soooo tired and hungry so having mid afternoon curry.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Slowmart wrote:

If Hawkings was still alive he be sh1tting himself sir, your equation has a genius simplicity which surpasses the achievements of one of the giants of theoretical physics.

Why thank you and I just hope it can't be used to predict the feeling in my head of an imploding star tomorrow morning.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

office, coffee, have at it, with fire, for i am a wrathful sungod

"Embetterment" - smashing word.
  • hopkinb
    Soooo tired and hungry so having mid afternoon curry.

A proper one? With seekh kebabs, samosas & poppadoms & an assortment of chutneys to start, then a lamb dansak, pilau rice & a couple of chapattis? Washed down with a vat of sweetened lassi?
  • sungod
    sorry to go all cake stop, but i see the police are reported as saying "When graffiti artists do get on to the tracks, there is massive risk."

surely that should be "when scum intent on defacing property do get on to the tracks and die, good"
  • hopkinb
    Obvs they shouldn't be there, and it's nobody's fault but their own, and i doubt they performed a risk assessment, but the death penalty for graffiti seems over-Singaporean to me.
  • hopkinb
    FFS. Condolences were offered to their families, who will be distraught that they died doing something stupid.
    They broke the law and so deserved to die? Listen to yourself. What are you? Judge Dredd?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Well on a cheeryer note daughter redeemed herself when we took her out for a birthday meal. Father’s Day card plus presents for FD and birthday( she was on holiday at the time of birthday) a couple of Cycling books and a beard care kit picked by grandson.
    I guess I need to grow a beard then :lol:
  • hopkinb
    Webboo wrote:
    Well on a cheeryer note daughter redeemed herself when we took her out for a birthday meal. Father’s Day card plus presents for FD and birthday( she was on holiday at the time of birthday) a couple of Cycling books and a beard care kit picked by grandson.
    I guess I need to grow a beard then :lol:
    Well done daughter of Webboo!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Long day of work meh, had the bike in the car to do a hybrid commute - but legs were still sore so drove the whole way

Tonight has been the roller coaster that is watching England play
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Tonight has been the roller coaster that is watching England play
    No need to worry about that any more, chorus of fuckwits in the pub singing about them coming home. At least I think that’s what they meant.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    He should be helping sort out street crime aka moped muggers.

Are you suddenly a Daily Mail troll?

I'm pretty sure the mayor of a city of 8 million would love to "sort out street crime". Perhaps you could advise him how he could go about that? Maybe stop and kill powers for the police? Maybe forced sterilisation for families of "moped muggers"? Maybe conscription? National service?

Fcuking idiot.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Well: What IF those graffiti artists were about to create something wonderful which looks good and livens up the miserable ride through the black, sh1tty, brick railway embankments, pipes, cables, left over rail work concrete blocks etc etc?

Does that make their deaths tragic ? Whereas, if it was going to be some scrawl, then their deaths are not so significant?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    On another note: I bashed my left forefinger with a sob hammer whilst putting the balustrade together. Things came to a head when it was throbbing so I elected to find a needle and a smoker. Which I did when I was back at Jewsons. I heated the needle up and seared a hole in the nail and hey presto; big relief but it's back to aching again. Bad timing. To do list has morphed into a bucket load of silly jobs, Build is ostensibly finished, which is a relief.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!