sunday reprising the finale of if.... at parliament

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,523
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long ride, followed by substantial brekkie

i demand summer, a few more days and the nights will be lengthening, it's just not on, may need to head off somewhere sunny and hot
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Its raining here :(

Come down to a house or devastation as last nights few friends turned into a party - all good bar the empty wine and beer fridges

Today is a chilled day with sore legs
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, overcast and dry, bike ready to go this morning, no sunshine here either Sungod
    Out for lunch later and maybe a couple of drinks
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Raining. Taking mini to the caff for father's day fry up! She is VERY EXCITED.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    I'm up North so it's not very warm. But it is very light at either end of the day. Solving both by going on holiday somewhere sungoddish next weekend.

For now, it's visiting relatives, the old dear and more sorting out house type stuff. May go for a run along the beach later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    in a queue for a steak baguette. so hungry i think i may die.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Raining so surf on cards...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. No sign of the kids so that’s an ideal start to Father’s Day as far as I’m concerned. Went out for a few beers with the trouble and some friends last night. Off to my folks soon as it’s the old man’s Birthday today.
    Have a good day all.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    after a deceptively dry start, got rained on for bloody hours, fortunately had a gilet, just had a reviving coffee, juice, eggs, toast, tomatoes, sausage, prosciutto, and a medley of 'shrooms
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Almost feels like today didn't really happen. Woken up by some heavy rain which we really didn't need. Spent a good, oooooh, 16 minutes out sorting out some blocked water drains mid morning, but apart from that it's been almost entirely a day of SFA.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    edited June 2018
    Raining so surf on cards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABp84h15Jg ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Me cut grass me and then did some floor tile grouting which i'll finish off tonight. Only balustrade and oak Mop stick hand rail to fit...

...and a bit of skirting
    ...and paint the skirting
    ...and choose curtain rails
    ...and plumb the kitchen sink in
    ...and touch up here and there
    ...and put shelves in the airing cupboard
    ...and choose lamp shades
    ...and fit conservatory doors
    ...and fit latches and hinges
    ...and fit shower screen with cr4p instruction leaflet
    ...and get sparky to finish off or should I say "...and get a sparky to finish off"

Then do all that packing/moving malarkey :roll: In 13 days. Eeek.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Me cut grass me and then did some floor tile grouting which i'll finish off tonight. Only balustrade and oak Mop stick hand rail to fit...

...and a bit of skirting
    ...and get sparky to finish off or should I say "...and get a sparky to finish off"

Sounds never ending Pinno. You'd be bored otherwise?

Packing/moving is hell. Especially if you live with a hoarder. Though a good few cubic metres of boxes did "disappear" during our last move, and have not been missed.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Had a Sunday morning (yes people, the NHS is Good) session with my consultant professor who happens also to be a cyclist. Good rapport, good discussions, he finds my case interesting as it's complicated.

More eye injections for me. 'kin permanent season ticket on that now.

On the question of can high intensity turbo sessions raise blood pressure too much that a tiny vein in eye can go pop (my problem), jury out, who knows, no evidence either way. Upshot, don't push it too hard, longer duration rather than high intensity. Audax here I come eh. Anybody got Steve Abraham's phone number...? :shock:
  • Pinno wrote:

...and a bit of skirting

Hmm fair bit of skirting activity there, you sure none of it was of the up variety?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

...and a bit of skirting

You need a minion.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    He needs to stop being a tight ars* and pay someone else other than the sparky to help him.
    Leopards and spots, Oxo. Life's too short to do manual labour but sadly he's tighter than a gnats chuff :)
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Especially if you live with a hoarder. Though a good few cubic metres of boxes did "disappear" during our last move, and have not been missed.

I do and that's a good idea.
    oxoman wrote:
    He needs to stop being a tight ars* and pay someone else other than the sparky to help him.

Sparky needs to finish the work he's done. I don't pay sparky to do minion jobs. I have 2-3 minions* to do manual labour and it's hard to get minions who can actually do stuff - they tend to have jobs.

*According to what I know they can do.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Life's too short to do manual labour but sadly he's tighter than a gnats chuff :)

I'll refer you to the answer above.

Now listen Mr sums man*, had I paid someone to do the work at PPP, I would have forked out IRO £35k+ and add on all their building materials mark up and VAT.

*To be called a tight 4rse by you is a compliment and an irony all at the same time.
  • Stevo_666
    You costed that up well. Would you like to join my team of minions? :)