Summer or very lightweight bib tights!

Toks
Toks Posts: 1,143
edited June 2018 in Women
Hi everyone, a good friend of mine suffers every summer because she has to wear bib tights ( Muslim girl - modesty n al that)
Does anyone know where she can purchase thin or very light weigh pairs! Thanks

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd probably go with shorts and Lycra legs. You won't even need the Roubaix kit.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Agree. Like in summer you can get lightweight tops with arm screens to protect from UV, I would find a similar solution to the legs if you can
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Toks wrote:
    Hi everyone, a good friend of mine suffers every summer because she has to wear bib tights ( Muslim girl - modesty n al that)
    Does anyone know where she can purchase thin or very light weigh pairs! Thanks

Maybe try some lightweight workout leggings with a thin pair of padded shorts over/underneath.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/ladies/lad ... and-shorts
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    My wife has these lightweight gym leggings with mesh windows which might help keep her cool.
    Dunno if that satisfies the modesty requirements, it tends to be a moving goalpost depending on who's doing the judging.

Personally speaking I don't see how wearing shorts compared to tights is less modest though.... both are figure hugging.

The other alternative is to wear leg warmers when close to the house and then rip em off for the rest of the ride until you come close to home and then slide them back on. Nobody will be none the wiser.